An Interesting find

little oik

Reaction score
We have a fishing awareness day over here tomorrow that I am taking my Grandson to .As he is only 11 I thought I would pull out an old Conoflex 9ft leger rod (which I built for my father back in the late seventies )so he could use it as the length wouldn't be to intimidating for him .The rod needs an overhaul as it has stand off rings (or high bells )and it has sat in a bag for about 30 yrs so needs low rings needed on it .
However to cut a long story short .I took it out of its bag to set up as a small float rod and low and behold it has a red agate butt ring and a agate tip ring (threaded for a swing tip and stand off as well )
Now the reason for the post (and it might be moved ) is that eventually I am going to re ring it .
The rings are all high bells and are as follows (height off the blank to top of ring and ring diameter external)
Butt ring 24mm 15mm
Inters 1 of 19mm and 8 mm
inters 4 of 17mm and 7mm
Tip ring 15mm approx and 7 mm
The rings are in good nick apart from the tip ring has bent supports(out of line )and the butt ring the chrome on the outside of the ring is a bit naff
The reason for the post is thus .Are any of you interested in the rings I will try to put pics up later.If not can email you some .If you are then pm me I do not need them as will be re ringing it in low bells as thats the nature of the rod I am not sure of their worth but i know they are like rocking horse doo dahs

Last edited: