New season is looming...

A

Andy Doughty

The Glorious 16th is nearly with us.

What plans have you got and what are your goals for the season ahead?

Myself?
Plans :- Fishing the night of the 16th out on the river, doing a spot of zandering.
Goals :- Catch a double figure zed and keep on enjoying my fishing. And learn a little more about lure fishing, especially rubber jig fishing for the zeds....

C

Chris Bishop

Out am, hoping to bump into Rontroversial lunchtime if he's got his mobile switched in this time, have a little sneak somewhere on the way home.

Catch up with you soon no doubt.

Can't wait, had a few hours with my lad on some pits Sunday, never caught anything but swear a cat came after a Shad Rap on one of them. It looked pretty big and nasty whatever it was, certainly wasn't a pike.

Best thing was my lad went three hours without a tangle, can now more or less cast where he wants it to go and didn't get bored and want to go home after an hour.

Goals-wise only one. Want to enjoy it as much as last season, which was my best in ages for the sheer joy of going fishing, though I did actually catch a few as well.

Reaction score
I can't wait to start chucking lures about on the Severn and Avon.

Totally agree with Chris on the enjoyment front, last season was great.

I learnt a lot, and despite it actually being cold this winter (!) my fishing never became a chore.

In fact my favourite session was a glorious 6 hour blank on the Leam in bright sunshine, then driving snow, then sunshine etc.

D

David Marrs

As usual at this time of year, I tend to get really excited about it all!!! I can't wait to get a bait in the water for them old Zeds!

C

Chris Bishop

My favourite last season was after I rang a mate to find out how a river was fishing and he said don't bother Bish, I've had three days on there and it was minging, never had a thing.

For some reason, I had this desire to fish it all the same so I sit there all day and don't get a thing.

I've spent the last couple of hours dropping back towards the car, having 15 or 20 mins in a swim, then moving 20 or 30yds and doing same.

It's flowing quite hard and it's windy, so I tie up in this little gap in the reeds where I've never caught anything so I can put the stove on and have a cup of tea before I pack it in.

Sort this, still nothing so I start packing up.

Reeling the last rod in and something hits it so hard it pulls the boat off the weights into the flow and scraps like mad.

Scraper 20, first 20 I'd caught in ages.

Talk about being on Cloud Nine.