Shelford-River trent

Steve Hall

Reaction score
Hi does anyone know whether you can fish at Shelford on the river trent on a day ticket?
I used to fish here years ago and would like to have another go this season, If i remember right it was the opposite side to Stoke ferry lane, I used to park in a little village and walk down to the weir there.
Any info would be much appreciated, Thanks in advance.

Beecy

Reaction score
As far as I know it is still day ticket ( notts AA, i think)but dont take my word as I am not 100%

I fished quite a bit on opposite bank last season and had some good days with nice mixed bags of bream/chub/roach/perch with the odd little barble now and then - this side is definately day ticket so there no reason why shelford shoudnt still be.

T

Terry D

Just don't leave anything valuable in your car or on plain view, it's easy pickings for some scumbags there.

Beecy

Reaction score
That?s why I prefer the burton joyce/stoke bardolph side Terry

You can park behind your peg on the roadside strech, or if you want to fish the ferry/weir field you can park in the carpark opposite the pub, this is very popular with dog walkers etc so there is always someone around

T

Trent water rat

1st post from a newbie here and yes it is day ticket and yes it is notts aa from just below the wier {if you actually want to fish the wier island its self thats ashfeild anglers}