Big Tench - & Baz

J

john conway

Excelent read Baz you've made my day at work. I really liked the bit re "it would take a White Mountain Apache scout" to know what you had been up to? Have you told your mate yet?

Steve Spiller

Reaction score
Hahahaha brilliant Baz.

Stealth and cunning and an 8lber, well done mate.

A very enjoyable read.

;-)

F

Frank "Chubber" Curtis

Brilliant read Baz and some nice tench. Well done mate.
How was the bacon?

F

Fred Bonney

Missed your first but read it today,whilst on a tea break.
Smashing fish and a great read Baz.
Keep it up.

Deanos

Reaction score
Right Baz, lets have you Chub bashing next!, a brilliant follow up article!
You have a great sense of humour, and a passion for angling, a great mix.
Keep them coming, I look forward to the next one!

captain carrott

Reaction score
well done matey snorting fish.

bet he went home for a wash and brush up after he caught it before he took the piccie. he normally looks like compo.

B

BAZ (Angel of the North) aka Fester

Thanks very much lads, I really do appreciate your comments.
The part about me setting up next to somebodys bivvy was quite true. I must admit I had a bit of a chuckle while I was creeping about, as it did seem a bit cheeky. (But I knew the bloke).
You should have seen his face when he came out of his bivvy and saw me sat right next to his rods,hahahaaaaaa.

The photo of the 6 lb Tench was a bad photo of the Tench really. But I thought the whole pic looked a bit mischeivious and more natural.

By the way, it was a 6lb + Male, so just think what the females could go to. This water has got to do a double sooner or later don't you think?
I will leave them now until after spawning.
Then I'll try the bit of water that doesn't get fished.

Graham you have surpassed yourself this time. What a cracking Edit job and layout you have done. Many thanks.

Plumbit

Reaction score
Nice write up Baz.
The perfect day eh?
Good days fishing and a bit of pilfered tucker as well.
Will have to pop a few mousetraps in me baitbucket if i get wind of you wanting a sesh down my way. Cheeky so and so.
HeHeHe

Paul Morley

Reaction score
One of the finest articles I've read, really capturing the human side of this quest (that I could have been joining you on - pah!). I bet every reader feels similarly chuffed for you after an intelligent, determined campaign. Now- what can you do for Chub?? See you on the Ribble...

B

See me on the Ribble??? Ooooh I think me back's playing up again.
Me grow up Steaker? No chance, life's to short for that mate.

Sgt Bash

Reaction score
Dont worry lads, Baz can handle the Chub alright, I used to feed a couple of swims on the Dove and after a couple of hours I would start fishing them, and lo and behold there would be Baz downstream of me practicing his upstream ledger techniques emptying my swim of chub which I had worked so hard to get the fish feeding, bloody poacher never mind apache. Once again you have done a well written and articulate article for our pleasure, thanks, I look forward to your next article on tench. Also Steaker hit the nail squarely on the head in his last post.

Ric Elwin

Reaction score
Hey Baz that's a great Tench. Looks a bit heavy in the cheeks though? (especially underneath)??. You been shoving several ounces of sea fishing lead in it's gob so it made the weight?? :) Yeah yeah I know, you're neither a Scouser or a Manc...

Great read Baz, brilliant.

B

I think I am more pleased that you all enjoyed the read. Many thanks to you all.

Deanos

Reaction score
You are now voted in as the working mans **** Walker Baz!?Ron has stormed off with his fly Rod has the accolades pour in for the new peoples champion!
This is a great opportunity to make a packet writing for the monthly and weekly rags.
You need to write under a different name of course Baz, you need something a bit more ?rocking roll? baby! Then its just a case of mentioning a brand name in every sentence?and you are on a bank roll mate!
E.g., As I hopped out of my 4x4 sponsored by ?FM?, I changed into my ?Sox? cammo suit before a couple of my fans carried my ? Calvin Slash? tackle to the pre booked swim, I had already topped this up with 30kilo of Tumty frumty high viz pineapple and mushy pea boilies.
Make a couple of fishing dvds (if you have a few young birds dancing and gyrating in the background wearing tight shorts, even blokes who don?t like fishing will buy it Baz, WELL i WOULD ANYWAY!).
You don?t have to give anything away in the dvds, most don?t anyway!
Then you will be as rich as Ron?but more famous as a working class hero!
Any Ideas in the pot for your next article Baz?

B

I'm thinking of a Bream Fish-In, possibly in July sometime in the Cheshire area. I'll get more details if anybody is interested.
Day ticket, and night fishing is allowed.

I'll be fishing with Sgt Bash again soon. So I'll be dishing the dirt on him. Oh, and Phil Hackett. He promised me a Big wedge of bacon on bread.

E

Eric Hayes

Although I'm not into still water Angling I can appreciate the hard work you?ve put in to get the results Baz. Great read mate, thanks.

But your still the ugliest sod I've ever seen fishing the Ribble ;o)