Barbel Up Close And Personal

R

Rodney Wrestt

Hi all, I'm looking for a bit of advice from anyone who has this on DVD, to fill you all in I bought one on Ebay but after receiving it have a couple of questions about whether or not it's an original, I'd like to know a couple of things before I get back to the seller.

1)What is the menu system like when it starts?
2)What colour is the data side of the disk?

Cheers lads.

Reaction score
Rodney,

I have part two which my lovely girlfriend got for my birthday from a tackle shop.

The cd is purple on the playing side and the menu is very basic. No flash graphics just a blue box with the title plus prev/ play/ next.

The box has a sticker inside saying if you not satisfied return to LTV, Unit 9f etc.

Hope that helps.

Is it good?

R

Rodney Wrestt

That's perfect even down to the sticker, cheers ****y. Looks like I made a mistake it's the same as part 1. I was suspicious because of the minimalist menu and the colour of the disk looking more like a dvd-r rather than a factory pressed one, both look, shall we say the 'home brew' type :eek:)

Yes, it's interesting, a bit like the first time you see the Korda ones, the guys put in a lot of time and effort into some of the experiments they tried, not a lot of time on rigs etc though mostly clips of bankside action. Hows the second one, any good?

Reaction score
I really enjoyed it.

The John Baker adverts are a bit naff, but it is very enjoyable and informative with a couple of good tips and lots of very big barbel.

Worth buying just to hear Ray 'Potty-Mouth' Walton's outbursts. Guy Robb was kind enough to respond to a query I made on the Barbel forum. You may find it illuminating.

Guy Robbs PVA Edge

Hope that's useful

R

Rodney Wrestt

Cheers ****y,
I knew about the laundry bags but had forgotten all about them, I've been using Mo's Co pva webbing for ages after being given a couple of the 20m refil tubs..... and they're still going so I hadn't been looking for any in the last 18 months or so, I'll need to find out where the laundry depo store them and see what they look like before trying to source them for myself.

I'll probably get hold of part 2 to make up the set and I'll look out for the outburst :eek:)

You'd think I had a chance of catching a barbel the way I've been reading and watching dvd's/programmes about them, but my local river has only ever produced a handfull, but you don't try you don't win.

R

Rodney Wrestt

Nice, 26" x 33" cold water bags look the biz, one of them on a weedbed would see the fish clear a fishable swim after a little baiting time, need a big catapult though :eek:) I won't tell a soul ****y, your secret's safe with me.

Just shows how little this stuff actually costs, especially when the tackle guys sell 10 6"x4" bags at a few quid a time.

R

Ron 'The Hat' Clay (ACA-Life Member)

You'll be upsetting the tackle trade ****y.

Reaction score
Appropriate you replied Ron...

Well I did say keep it under your hat ;-)

Anyway it's Stu Morgan who should watch his back! His dvd put me on to it.

R

Rodney Wrestt

They'll be sending out hitmen special delivery, someone's gonna sleep wiv da fishes.