Prince Albert open day this Saturday

Bryan Baron 2

Reaction score
I will be there mate.

The location for anybody going is Ribchester.

Location its at the bottom of the track by the side of the river. there are usually a couple of guys on the road to direct you.

andy robinson

Reaction score
the prince albert open day is on sunday 11th june and runs from 0900 till 1630

Ric Elwin

Reaction score
Pity it clashes with the England game but should still be a good do. I'm looking forward to a fly casting referesher, and a go at speycasting. I've also got a ton of gear for the bring and buy sale, all at bargain prices!! Rizo jerkbait rod 10 quid anyone?

Martin James's presentations are always interesting as well.

I'll look out for you Brian.

N

Nigel Connor(ACA ,SAA)

Ric, the England game is tommorow afternoon mate.

Ric Elwin

Reaction score
Whoa I thought the open day was tomorrow, Saturday. Must check...

Ric Elwin

Reaction score
Cheers Nigel I had it wrong, the open day is on Sunday.

Am I glad that I looked at your post before I went to bed! I would have got up, had breakfast, then driven 50 miles to find nobody there. LOL

They are demonstrating Wallis casting on the day. Might have a go, but in my case I'll probably attempt a WALLY cast.

Thanks Nigel!

Bryan Baron 2

Reaction score
I will be taking my rod a reel down for a practice at the wallis cast and hopefully get a few pointers. What time are you planning on getting there Ric.

Might see if Jim hinchley fancies a look see also.

Ric Elwin

Reaction score
Bryan I'm going top set off from here at 9-9.30, so I'll be there sometime shortly after 10. I'll be around the bring and buy tent at first, got about 10 rods and a load of other gear to shift!

See you there

Matthew Nightingale (ACA)

Reaction score
As someone who is keen to promote fishing (especially for the young) what was the thinking behind the PAAS open day? Who was it aimed at and what did you do? How successful was it? How do you balance creating enthusiasm and interest with the long waiting lists that many clubs have. Did you target the young at all?

Sorry this is a bit of an interogation but promoting the sport is something we all need to take seriously and I'm interested in good ideas coming from other clubs.

I know that PAAS is good at this anyway having seen their very very professional stand at the Lancashire Show last year.

M