BREAM FISH - IN.

• Thread starter BAZ (Angel of the North) aka Fester
  • Start date
B

BAZ (Angel of the North) aka Fester

Does anybody fancy a Bream Fish-In?

The water also holds other coarse fish including Carp. The Carp fishing is hard but they are in pristine condition.

The Bream are mainly in two big shoals which swim in an anti clockwork direction. You will need plenty of feed to hold them in your swim if they come over you.
The average size is between 5-6lb.

Excellent parking. Showewr & toilet block. Small grocery shop on site.

It is a day ticket water about ?6 per day.
Night fishing is allowed which is a little extra. Approx 20 or so acres.

I will find out more details if there is enough interest.

Boundary Water Park, just past Knutsford Cheshire.

How about late July/August?

With a bit of luck we could be paid a visit by a local would be model. She poses on top of your car or by your rods. (In a Bikini)

E

ED (The ORIGINAL and REAL one)

Sorry Baz I wont be available to pose in July/August....

B

Boating, yachting, water ski-ing has not been allowed for a good number of years now. The owner has given it over completely to fishing.
I think I made a slight error in the size of the water. It is more like 30-40 acres.
Good comfy banksides.
Access by car to both sides.

Richard Wilson 3

Reaction score
I would be interested Baz,id like to have a go for the carp though.Keep us informed i could get a couple of mates to come to.

Bryan Baron 2

Reaction score
Depends on dates Baz but i will be tempted. Don't forget we have the Trent fish in going on in July. Maybe towarsd the end of August would be best.

B

That's what I was thinking Bryan.
End of August up to now then.
It would be good to see you and your mates Richard. The Carping is usually by a long chuck or bait boat. I'll find out what Carp are in there from the lads who have fished it recently.
There is a chippy close by as well.

B

Great stuff, I'll get the details tomorrow.

The last time I fished it, I put eight large balls of brown crumb laced with groats and a tin of liquidised corn in. Single French Maiz on the hook.
That only held a shoal for about fifteen minets. Fishing 40yds out. I had to take a rod out in the end, as I couldn't keep up with them.

Peter Bishop

Reaction score
I'd be up for that Baz. I might even dig out my swingtip and Mitchell 300. As long as before 23rd August and after 3rd September when I'm on holiday with the present Mrs Bishop.

B

How does Saturday the 19th of August sound to you all?

Sgt Bash

Reaction score
I am sorry I will be on my annual hols between the 12th and 26th Baz, but if its poss I would be more than happy to have a private session before the fishin with you and any one else who cant make it? I then can read up everything about the fishin on tinternet, whilst broiling in the sun.

B

Change the date if you like. There's nothing set in concrete.

9th Sept? I'm easy going .

Peter Bishop

Reaction score
Either date would be fine for me. A Saturday will give yet another excuse not to watch Tranmere Rovers stumble their way through 90 minutes. Should be OK providing the Times dont ring me up and offer me the loose change in Michael Ballack's pocket to report somewhere.

Ric Elwin

Reaction score
Baz is there anything else in there other than Bream and Carp? If it's anything like the other sandpits in the area it will hold good Perch, small Roach, and possibly Pike, but the bigger ones will be few and far between.

Just can't get me head round Bream mate. Even those big ones I got from the deep club water didnt do it for me.

C

Christian Tyroll

Maybe Baz, i like the idea of it! Just annoying its such a trek for me.
Almost four hours from my mums and 3 from my dads.
(just to get there)
If i can get my dad come and fish aswel its a possibility other wise its a mission!

B

Yes Ric there are perch pike and Roach also. Not sure about Tench though.

Christian.
It would be great if you and your dad could make it. I'll send you an e-mail.

Richard Wilson 3

Reaction score
Ill let you lot pick a date and ill try to get it off,i have been looking at me diary and its complicated with shifts so ill put 2 days hol in or work it out another way,19 or 20th of august is possible but what ever we agree to it should be ok.Swing tip and mitchell 300? Brill.Ill dust it off.

P

Phil Hackett disability bad speller with Pride

Not for me Baz, I fished it last season when the way was shut with the nephew. Every time the guy came around (about 6 times) he moaned that my bivvy was encroaching on to the path.
Eventually I was that weed off with him moaning, I told him in no uncertain terms where to go. Quite happy to take the ?20 off us, .no mention, signs, or reference in the rules about how you have to place your bivvy on the roadside bank.
The guys an officious money grabbing T***! I vowed I?d never fish there again, so I?ll pass on this one mate and he can go and swivel