Favourite Zander Lure?

Reaction score
I'm planning a major lure campaign for Z's on the Severn for the new season (and hopefully a new article) and wondered...

We all know different lures work better or worse at different times/ conditions, but if you had to take just one lure zangling on a big river, which one would you choose and why?

Personally,

I'm very fond of Shakespeare's Devil's Own Soft Tails, they're cheap, work well from 5-9ft and catch me a lot of those pesky 'nuisance' pike ;-)...

What are your thoughts?

C

Chris Bishop

The only lures I've ever caught them on have been grubs with lead heads, though I do plan to make more effort in this direction this season.

Di you see Dave Gaunt's piece in Pike and Preds an issue or two ago - excellent read.

M

Mark Hodson

Caught well from the cut on the smallest Fox chubby shads in roach and firetiger. Have to fish them very slow, bumping them along them bottom otherwise they just don't want to know.

Gilby Gilbertson

Reaction score
Not sure why the link doesn't work but should lead to the "action shads" from sovereign superbaits.

C

Chris Bishop

****y I messaged you. e-mail me your address and I'll send you a photocopy.

Reaction score
Mark, are they similar to the Storm shads? I've had some success on the Avon with those.

Great link Gilby, much appreciated. Nice pic of Dave Gaunt too

Keep your suggestions coming fellow zanglers...