New guy

hypno88

Reaction score
Hello,

My name's Paolo, I'm 23 and I live in New Barnet, just 5mins walk from Jack's Lake.

When it started getting warmer, my mates made a point of getting into fishing again. Having never been before, I tagged along one day when a couple of the lads went up to Stanborough Lake and I was instantly hooked.

I've now been four times. My first fish was a Bream from night fishing at Holwell Hyde. Then at my first daytime session at Jack's Lake I caught a few small Bream, a Roach, a Mirror Carp and a Tench (according to my mate, I'm just learning all the names). I'll post some pics up soon.

I'm an absolute novice, so expect to see a few more basic questions popping up around the forum for a while

Ray Daywalker Clarke

Reaction score
Welcome 88,

Ask away mate, thats one of the reasons we are here.

I know the waters you have been fishing, used to live in Potters Bar many moons ago.

Some very good anglers on here, and some like to have a wind up, so dont take everything to heart.

There are also Fish ins, come along and meet the members and get some bankside help.

richiekelly

Reaction score
welcome h88 plenty of advice on here for beginer or exxperienced anglers,some is even worth listening to.

beerweasel

Reaction score
Welcome to the forum Hypno.
We were all novices once so don't be afraid to ask.

hypno88

Reaction score
Cheers for the warm welcome gents

itsfishingnotcatching said:
And some of us still are, welcome.

The advice is good you may need to take some of the banter with a large pinch of salt

I work in a bookmakers so I'm trained up when it comes to a good bit of banter. Plus most of us are English, our humour is based on taking the p out of things. Don't worry about me, I can give as much as I get

I'm going up to Jack's tomorrow, hopefully it'll be a good day. If I catch anything you lot will be the first to know

Morespiders

Reaction score
Okayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy:confused:

Hang on barbelboi , im not thet sleepy, nice try though