Peacock Quill

Ray Daywalker Clarke

Reaction score
I have been out trying to get some Peacock Quill from the tackle shops, but no one seems to have any.

I am lucky that i have someone who is able to get me some in a couple of weeks time, i am in no rush, but was wondering if anyone else can't get any from their tackle shops.

I think the last time i bought some it was around £1 a Quill, and that had been cut down, so you only got the straight part of the feather.

Finding good quality float making material is an art form in it's self now, the tackle shops just don't have any now.

Ray Daywalker Clarke

Reaction score
e/Bay....how dare you sir......:)

Was it any good ?? the last lot I bought was as straight as an Arrow, and when my mate brings me the Quills he gets, it's the full feather, so i get to pick what is any good and what isn't, plus it's FREE.....:).

I have had swan and crow quills so i am ok for them, it's just peacock quill.

Alan Tyler

Reaction score
Stone me, what a site! Airbrushes, yet - they're taking it awfully seriously! And "Lord Nelson" varnish - does that not stick in the Gallic craw somewhat? And if it's so b. good, why haven't we heard of it?
Bit like Napoleon Brandy, perhaps...

chavender

Reaction score
Ilkeston ,derbyshire ,great britain ,earth ,The un

S-Kippy

Reaction score
Stuck on the chuffin M25 somewhere between Heathro
Mums from China, Dads from Brazil so I didn't need a translation for the German thanks....:eek::eek:, some good bits there.

Blimey...that's a proper bowl of mixed nuts !

Went tenching tonight...only bite I had was a coot on sweetcorn on the bottom in 7 foot of water. Ba$tard of a thing !:mad:

Never saw it dive...must have snuck up on me via a bush and been rigged for silent running.Good scrap...got the dog walkers going.:w

Last edited:

Ray Daywalker Clarke

Reaction score
Nice one Chav.

I do like to make some of my own floats ,but by no means am i as good as some we have seen on hear, it's just something I enjoy doing.

Ray Daywalker Clarke

Reaction score
Skipo

Your good at catching coots catching Coots ??.............:D

If my Mum was from China, and my Dad from Brazil, what would I have been ?? A Chizil or a Brana ???:eek:

George387

Reaction score
I managed to get a shed load of peacock quills when I went to do a gas installation at an animal sanctuary in cumbria they were all sitting in a glass vase in the office so asked if I could get them, he gave me them saying if ever I wanted anymore he would save them for me, so if your stuck drop me a line Im sure I can help you out.

Ray Daywalker Clarke

Reaction score
I managed to get a shed load of peacock quills when I went to do a gas installation at an animal sanctuary in cumbria they were all sitting in a glass vase in the office so asked if I could get them, he gave me them saying if ever I wanted anymore he would save them for me, so if your stuck drop me a line Im sure I can help you out.

Thank you George, my mate works at London Zoo, but is out doing field work so wont be back for a couple of weeks. I get them Free also, but i am not in a rush at the moment, but thanks for the offer.

S-Kippy

Reaction score
Stuck on the chuffin M25 somewhere between Heathro
Skipo

Your good at catching coots catching Coots ??.............:D

If my Mum was from China, and my Dad from Brazil, what would I have been ?? A Chizil or a Brana ???:eek:

Bloody thing ! Crept up and gave me a flyer...thought I was in.

I think you could reasonably claim to be Chizilian. Does that make Cheshunt the capital of Chizilia ?

Ray Daywalker Clarke

Reaction score
Bloody thing ! Crept up and gave me a flyer...thought I was in.

I think you could reasonably claim to be Chizilian. Does that make Cheshunt the capital of Chizilia ?

hahaha, facts are my parents were both born in England, but i can say i am from Chizilla, it's better than saying I am European...:)

Where were you Tenching ??