TackleFest

I

Ian Cloke

When is it Jonny? I know it's at Peterborough, but can't remember when.

njb51

Reaction score
I may go on the Sunday if I do go. Has anyone been before? Whats it like?

Lord Paul

Reaction score
Match fishing on the Nene, couple of talks from well known Anglers and plenty of Cheap gear - but just watch what you buy as some bargins may turn out not to be

Y

yoggy

I go most years as its just up the road from me.Bargains are extremely hard to come by.Quality gear is very thin on the ground,but if you look hard you may find a good deal.Last year there was a bloke selling maxima line in bulk spools of 3,4,5.6lb bs in 1000yards.You could buy a spool for ?2.99!!!!!!!!.Naturally it went bloody quick,but i managed to pick up 2 spools.Refreshments are as always bloody expensive so you could opt in taking your own?.The talks from Mr Hayes and Mr Nudd are well worth listening to and attract alot of anglers,both young and old.As the show is in summer it was also possible to buy winter clothing quite cheap.A few anglers i know "haggled" for a price on a thermal bib & brace set.The show itself isn`t massive but still an enjoyable day out.Myself and Nick are going,so if anyone would like to meet up for a beer,let me know..all the best.

Neneman Nick

Reaction score
just been reading/looking at angling times from june 6th....advert for tacklefest on page 9....picture at top right of the page....rather striking looking gentleman in a blue t-shirt with horizontal stripes on it,adidas bottoms and trainers....thats me!!!

Y

yoggy

Its no good mate,you must come and visit my tailor down Saville Row!!!!!!! ;-)

Neneman Nick

Reaction score
pinstripe suit...hankerchief poking out of the breast pocket....waistcoat...bowler hat...marvellous!!!

anyone who`s anyone dresses like this when chub fishing on the nene....must not forget the hand stitched waders from loakes.