River Trent Help Required

Blunderer

Reaction score
I know I am clutching at straws here but any help will be massively appreciated.

I have a baby due in 2 weeks and my fishing time at them moment is limited.

I am able to fish Friday night / Saturday morning and am itching to hit a river for the barbel.

I have fished the Trent a few times, always Collingham, and fancy hitting that river again as it is big and hopefully I can find a quiet corner somewhere. My usual rivers, Dane and Severn, will be hammered and I do not want to fish in a football-type crowd.

Can anyone recommend anywhere I may be able to night fish on a day ticket which will not be absolute chaos? Any day ticket lengths which are slightly less popular?

Any help, pm or otherwise, would be greatly appreciated.

R

Ron 'The Hat' Clay (ACA-Life Member)

It's a bad time to fish the Trent.

All the idiots will be out letting off fireworks at midnight on 15/16th June etc.

You can try Collingham and pray that it's in flood and 8 feet up. This tends to put off the average barbeller but has never put me off.

Take plenty of 5 oz watch leads.

dhigg001

Reaction score
You don't have tofish the Weir pegs at Collingham there are plenty of fish spread throughout. Once you get a mile or so from the weir you probably won't see anyone.

Paul

Beecy

Reaction score
Loads of stretrches of the trent that hardly get fished.

Sorry, dont know any that do night tickets though.

I think the A1 pits length does though, the guys who did the fish in there last season should be able to fill you in

Richard Wilson 3

Reaction score
A1 Pits mate or Dunham bridge, or failing that try Laneham ferry, its free just out side caravan park ,any of them stretches should be ok.

Blunderer

Reaction score
Thanks very much for the help, guys.
I now have a plan which does NOT involve collingham!