Name and Praise

dezza

Reaction score
We often talk about "Naming and Shaming" when someone does something nasty to us, or when we are taken for a ride by a vendor of some kind.

But here I want to be different. I decided I needed a well designed reel to tackle trotting and float fishing the Trent for barbel etc. I also had a bit left over from my overseas trip budget if you know what I mean. So I decided to investigate medium sized fixed spool reels, mainly made by Shimano or Daiwa. Let's face it most of the time you can trust those two names.

My final choice was the Daiwa TDX3012D which on paper looked very good indeed if a touch beyond my budget. So I surfed the web to try and get the best price.

I phoned several suppliers, one or two of them who claimed to be Daiwa stockists had never heard of the reel!! In most cases they tried to palm me off with something else. Then I contacted a supplier in Swadlingcote, Derbyshire who told me that not only did they have the reel in stock, they were able to give me a substantial discount off the price, which also included a next day signed for delivery!

I placed the order and this morning the reel arrived at 8-15 am. Included in the package were the latest Daiwa and Preston catalogue.

The proprietor, a succesful match angler in his own right, was more than helpful and advised me on several other items I am also interested in obtaining.

The reel by the way is drop dead brilliant and in it's class must be the best fixed spool reel in the world.

Oh and the shop:

Redfins Angling tel: 01530 272864 Fishing Tackle | Carp, Coarse, Predator Fishing Rods, Rigs & Reels - Redfins Angling

Proprietors name is Darren

peter crabtree

AKA Simon, 1953 - 2022 (RIP)
Reaction score
I told you last year when you posted a similar thread and again this year on your recent thread. At present it is undoubtedly the best of the rest. I can also recommend the 2508 TDX as I have both.
Will your TDR be on ebay like mine is along with all my shimanos.

dezza

Reaction score
I told you last year when you posted a similar thread and again this year on your recent thread. At present it is undoubtedly the best of the rest. I can also recommend the 2508 TDX as I have both.

No way, it's well and truly mucked up to sell and I want it for fine lines anyway.

Lord Paul of Sheffield

Reaction score

What Shimanos have you got going spare? and what price

Morespiders

Reaction score
Good choice Ron, I bought the same reel last week £35-99p, used it twice now they dont come much better

little oik

Reaction score
Are you hoping after all this blatant advertising to get a proper box in the post :wh