Poppers

• Thread starter Richard[reformed fly angler]Huggett
  • Start date
S

Sean Meeghan

Bought some at Chatsworth! I'm going to try them at Grafham this weekend so I'll let you know. There's an article in this months trout fisherman about fishing them.

jago

Reaction score
try using them instead of a booby with a sinking line,you may find the legs need a lttle trimming as i find them a bit long

R

Richard[reformed fly angler]Huggett

Used them today...talk about frustrating. I tried a few different types, and all got the same treatment....the trout were attacking them very viciously at times, banging them with their heads and their tails, swirling at them, charging after them when I retrieved them, but not one sensible hook up did I achieve.

I tried using stalking tactics, creeping about in the marginal reeds and dropping th popper on a trout's head and just twitching it about, making all those rubber legs wiggle about....but all I got was the same attack response.

Drove me mad, in the end I went back to the good old epoxy buzzer, but there is more to do with these poppers, I'm sure of it. It's just finding a way to trigger a take instead of an attack.