Migrant Farm Workers At It Again

J

Jack Pike BA

Set lines have been found on one of the Southport Drains with a couple of large dead tench in a field nearby are this people above the law or what!

Milo

Reaction score
Oh no, not again!

I've just been down there Jack, surprised to see no-one fishing! I was expecting a few down there at least.

Milo (ViRMiN on SDAA)

captain carrott

Reaction score
where is the rspca's comments denouncing this, if it was a swan tangled in the set line in the field they would be up in arms about it.

J

Jack Pike BA

Hi Milo prehaps they have realize that its a members only water.

J

Jack Pike BA

Last year I found a time sheet with around 20 names on they start work at 5.30am finish at 4.30pm with one break for 30 mins, only one English name on the list and he was off sick.

Milo

Reaction score
Heheh, it was the members I was expecting to see! I was the only guy down there. I'd dropped the missus off a work and thought I would go and have a look to see what was happening. I might take a couple of days off in the week to have a go.

I used to see a few groups of labourers down Renacres Lane on my way to work in the morning about 6:30am and they were still there on my way back around 4:00pm. Saw the same group when I was on the train to Manchester in the mornings. Sounds like the farms get their monies worth out of them!

Doesn't excuse any poaching though...