dips

cormorant

Reaction score
hi can i use glucose syrup to make my own dips or even syrup?,ta.

carp_mad_man

Reaction score
hey mate, yer you can, as long as its thick enough to stay on you bait, instead you'll have bait glug sprayed all over you when you cast! Sugar is a great attractor for carp, however, i use pure molasses and it doesn't cost alot. its completely safe for fish if thats what you query is about?

cormorant

Reaction score
hey mate, yer you can, as long as its thick enough to stay on you bait, instead you'll have bait glug sprayed all over you when you cast! Sugar is a great attractor for carp, however, i use pure molasses and it doesn't cost alot. its completely safe for fish if thats what you query is about?
thanks i use mollasess but not as a dip will give that a go as well

bigchub

Reaction score
Most glugs/dips are based on glycerine - what you add after that is up to you.
There are loads of liquid additives on ccmoores website to make your own as its a hell of a lot cheaper.
For example - glycerene, salmon and krill extract with salmon oil and some liquid liver.

OR

Go to Boots and buy glycerin and fructose powder (equal amounts) and on the hob dissolve the fructose in the glycerin and then you only need to add the flavoring of your choice. Keep the heat low and dont let it boil.

Also do forget liquid fish protein or minamino/multimino. These act as great dips in their own right.

laguna

Reaction score
Most glugs/dips are based on glycerine - what you add after that is up to you.
That is quite correct bigchub.
Its also a natural sweetener, anti-freeze and preservative too - sometimes obtained as a purified by-product of the transesterification process in the production of biodeisel (e.g vacuum distillation).