Help Fishing in West Sussex

dan hellawell

Reaction score
Hiya Can anyone help suggest some good places to fish in West Sussex possible east sussex as well or even some good clubs to join only lived in the area a short while(Burgess Hill near Brighton) and havent really got a clue wheres good and wheres not

Thanks

C

Christian Tyroll

Dan Hassocks and District society has a lot of waters in your area, Wildings has 2 lakes with carp to 30lbs in. Theres streches of the river Adur and Arun one of which has produced 25lb pike. They have about 11 waters i think if you need anymore info just ask!

Or take a look on here...

[url]www.hassocksfishing.co.uk [/url]

dan hellawell

Reaction score
Cheers Christian i have been looking at the hassocks website before and wondering wether to join or not, do you fish the mill pond at hurstpierpiont?

marcus ballam

Reaction score
Have a look at Haywards Heath & District AS waters.

Just joined this year. Excellent so far.

Valebridge is just north of Wivelsfield, excellent tenching to be had.

Regards

Marcus

C

Chris Bishop

Budgie's down there somewhere. Look him up in the predator forum and drop him a sitemail.

C

Christian Tyroll

Sorry Dan havent fished there before but everywhere i did go was great!

dan hellawell

Reaction score
Cheers for the advice Guys gona give Tnayards a try over Danehill way anyone else had any luck there?

C

Christian Tyroll

Been for a look about and spoke to the baliff, never ended up fishing it though.
Although it does seem a nice place.

dan hellawell

Reaction score
Christian the carp at tanyards are good fun although fighting through the silvers was beginning to grate as i was getting the tiniest of Roach steeling the sweetcorn even with two bits on the hook

C

Christian Tyroll

The only thing which put me of was the price, call me stingy but compared to clubs commercials cost alot.
Which of the lakes are you fishing then Dan?

dan hellawell

Reaction score
i was fishing the second and third lake in from the entrance sorry not sure what they are called looking to go somewhere this weekend can you recommend a commercial to try?

C

Christian Tyroll

Dan not sure how far you are willing to go, Beaver farm in west sussex, East grintstead is good, lots of variety like Tanyards and about the same price.
Probably a 35min drive from you i reckon, depending on how fast you drive ;)

dan hellawell

Reaction score
very Fast i mean inside the speed limits of course East Grinstead isnt a bad distance where abouts is it used to live there for a while so know it fairly well cheers

C

Christian Tyroll

Still live there most of the time Dan.
Its on the Lingfield road i think near the methodist church. give me a sec and il find the website, im no good with directions.

dan hellawell

Reaction score
Cheers Christian any other ideas? where abouts do you live? how old are you? might know some people i do

C

Christian Tyroll

Only 14 Dan and live in East Grinstead.
Also Borde Hill gardens have a few lake you can fish on day ticket i wanted to fish there but never got round to it, tench just into doubles i think and 20lb carp are caught. They do have a site but its pants.

dan hellawell

Reaction score
Cheers Christian my mate wants to try Furnace Lakes so think i might be givin that a shot this weekend have you heard anythin about it? been?

steve m 54

Reaction score
Hi Dan,
if you or anyone else is interested, hassocks and district angling society is running a "newcomers day" on 11th August at decoy lakes. This is free with bait ,tackle and licenses provided. Go to http://www.hassocksfishing.co.uk to register.
It will at least allow you to try a water before commiting to join.