It had to happen !

D

David Will

I wonder if this is a first.A club I belong to which cannot be named has banned, wait for it ............
Carp Porters , wheelbarrows.
Apparently they encourage long stay anglers and anglers bringing too much tackle. This has upset the powerful match/pleasure lobby.
This is in addition to numerous idiotic rules , the old usuals , no hemp (drugs fish!) no trebles when Piking , single hooks only etc etc etc.The AGM should be lively next year!.

P

Paul Thompson

David, it can only get sillier....
No camouflage clothing - carpers and long stay etc,
No wet weather gear - can't have you on the bank for more than 5 hours can we..?
Brollies only 45", definetly no green ones - must have a logo or partition to push the pole through..
Definetly no bivvies (or is that already in existence)
and finally 'will all members please note that anyone found angling for a species known to exceed 3lbs in weight, or more specifically have a society or group set up in their honour, will be forcefully removed from the waters and made to attend the next AGM and will be thoroughly chastised, na d made to sit at the back all evening.So there'
Never mind, give another season or two, and they'll have nothing left to ban....except perhaps the fishing itself!! ;-}

N

Nicky Garbutt

if i was you i would take my money some were eles im lucky cause the place i fish have no rules but i always use barbless hooks. i know one place were lure fishing is banned i asked why and the man sayed "you foul hook the carp" and the funny thing is no one eles uses lures. ive never been back

D

Dave O'L

If we carry on like this we'll be reduced to the old upstrean/downstream dry fly argument.

B

Bob Car

Do they include Golf trolleys in Carp Porters and Wheelbarrows. As i di know someone about 15yrs ago who put all his rods etc in a golf bag on a golf trolley and wheeled that down to the lake

D

Dave O'L

Bob, I'm sorry to say this but I have used a golf trolley minus bag twice a few years ago.

R

Robert Woods

Does the ban also include tackle box trolleys as some match anglers take just as much tackle as us carp anglers.Is that why they can only fish for five hours as it must take some time to set up their tackle stall ???.

D

Dave O'L

Or a golf bag! A wedge doesn't just take divots out of grass!!!!!!!!!!

R

Rob Brownfield

Sod carp porters...get yaself some Nepalese people...best porters in the world! I have seen them carry bloody gas cylinders on there heads up mountains..and we are talking 20 kilos plus!

When I was serving with the Gurkhas in Brunei, these guys would carry amazing amounts of weight on there backs..much more than the average long stay Carper

A

Andy Davis

Rob,

great bunch of blokes arn't they...fab food as well :)

R

Rodney Wrestt

Andy said "great bunch of blokes arn't they...fab food as well"

Does that mean they make (as in cook)good food for you, or make good food as in you eat them. If you're going to eat one I would suggest taking an extra to carry the tackle back to base. <grin> ;-}~