How do I free stuck rod sections?

Matthew Nightingale (ACA)

Reaction score
I'm sure this has been coverd but I've used search and can't find anything; can anyone advise. My Antares dolly section is fairly well stuck!

M

M

Mark Hodson

Try packing the male section in ice for ten minutes then twist it out. Hopefully the cooler temp should slightly reduce the diameter of the male section making it easier to remove. When twisting sections apart hold them at least 10" away from the joint so the pressure from your grip does not distort the blank making the job harder. This is easier and safer (for the rod or pole) if done with two people as its easier to keep everything straight.

B

Budgie Burgess

There was a good thread on this only a short while ago maybe some one can put up a link to it?

R

Royffey

i had the same problem with my carp rods, i was told to rub a candle on to the joints where you put the rod together, i fort that sounds like crap, but trust me it's not.
my rods were fine and back to how they should be, hope this post helps you, slacklines, joe.

Gerry Hems

Reaction score
i cured this problem by cleaning the male end to get off any grease deposits and then applying a coating of bees wax from a solid stick which I keep in my tackle box.Seems to work quite well