Ultima Launch Flo-CAST

Graham Whatmore

Reaction score
This sounds a decent line and the diameters are on a par with normal lines but it has very restricted use to the coarse angler don't you think? I can see it as a good line for the river in float work where a good floating line is essential but can't see any other use for it other than lure work possibly but then, maybe thats why they produced it in the first place.

That all sounds very negative doesn't it? I wrote it on first impressions though so thats my excuse.

GrahamM

Managing Editor
Reaction score
That's what I thought Mark, and as a leader when fly fishing with dry fly; any application where you need to lift the line off the water quickly.

I've yet to use it extensively so further applications will probably occur to me in time.

N

Nigel Connor(ACA ,SAA)

Could still be useful in 6 and 8lb for trotting for barbel as well as mullet fishing especially with the 250 yard spools.

J

Jeff (AKA Cheeky Monkey, Spud, Jay Dubya, Woody .

So this is what Lynn sent you, Graham.

Why not use it in 10 and 12lbs versions for floaters for carp like Mark suggests? Sounds ideal.

Q - if you use it to trot a float, what about the bit of line below the float, say the 2-3 feet before the hooklength, does that float also? What problems would that cause?

njb51

Reaction score
I had the same thought, Jeff. I guessed that the shot on the line would hold it down, although maybe you would need more than usual??

B

Budgie Burgess

Be interesting to play with some.I recently switched to braided lines for trotting and its great having a true floating line.I can think of situations though when a floating line with a BIT of stretch would be handy.

Think I will stay with braid for piking and floater fishing as I like the lack of stretch there.

GrahamM

Managing Editor
Reaction score
It doesn't float to the extent that a small shot won't sink it. They didn't send me any line above 8lb bs, but I've asked for some. As soon as I get it and try it on floater fishing for carp I'll report back.

The diameter is about average for the bs, and the stretch is no more than what you get with a standard mono.

B

Budgie Burgess

Nice one Graham will be interested in hearing how you get on with it.