Win a Rod!

GrahamM

Managing Editor
Reaction score
Nobody catching anything then? Only one report in so far and there's a rod here waiting to be won.

You'll always have to pay the weeklies to get your catch reports if nobody's going to send us anything.

Steve Spiller

Reaction score
How would you judge "best catch" Graham?

My mate Neil who is an FM member caught his first (two) ever barbel and a couple of chub. Would that be in the running?

Bryan Baron 2

Reaction score
Had my first double of the season of the Ribble but only pic is a bit naff nobody to take pic as i was on my own.

E

ED (The ORIGINAL and REAL one)

It's in the lead article on the home page .........

GrahamM

Managing Editor
Reaction score
Don't think you've got to be catching record or near record fish, or fish that are records or near records for the venue.

Good catches, individual fish or multi fish catches, will all be considered. The catches will be judged according to quality of fish, or quality of multi-fish catch, with the venue taken into account, quality of report and pictures.

The winner could be someone who has put a lot of effort into catching a double figure carp or barbel, or a 6lb tench for instance, and sends us a good story and picture about it.

Best way to think about is to ask yourself: Is my report and picture(s) something that I would like to see myself; one that I could talk about with pride in the pub? And remember that there are lots of people who may want to read about double figure carp off the Trent, a nice catch of barbel from anywhere, a PB from the Ribble.

Don't discount your success simply because it may not compare with some national captures. What this site is about is sharing the stories about catches that everyday anglers like us are proud of. Help to blow the myth that the only catches worth reporting are those that are not within the reach of most anglers.

If we could get catch reports off the ground on this site I'm sure we could arrange to have regular prizes for catch of the week.

It's up to you, but it won't happen if you don't help us by sending in those reports and pictures.

Just send them in and if you don't make it to our news pages I'll tell you why. All those that do make it will be considered for the prize rod.

Just send reports to me as an <a href=mailto:editor@fishingmagic.com>email</a> with pictures attached.

Matty C

Reaction score
Ive had a good weeks worth of fishing, and am thinking hard about writing a report n such.. but am unsure if multi-day catches qualify ?

any clarity would be appreciated

cheers guys

C

Chris Bishop

Sean Meeghan's got a great story up on the barbel forum about catching a double.

GrahamM

Managing Editor
Reaction score
Matty, any story, with pictures, about good catches is fine. If you've caught some good fish over several days just tell it like it is. There is only one rule about news stories and that is that they should be interesting.

Chris, Sean is doing an article with pictures about his great Swale barbel, so that's something to look forward to.