Tom's Double Act

• Thread starter BAZ (Angel of the North) aka Fester
  • Start date
B

BAZ (Angel of the North) aka Fester

I see you got them photo's of the Carp I sent to you last week mate. What did you want them for?

Sgt Bash

Reaction score
You git, you havent seen my pictures of the Giant Mahseer I caught from the Upper Derwent delta near Matlock bath yet.

B

Seriously,
well done Tom. We should be having a few good sessions up there shortly.

J

john ledger

Excellent Tom
River carp are truly magnificent fish and i expect you to catch a few more.In the eighties there used to be big carp at Kings Mills

Reaction score
Great fishing Tom,

River carp are awesome scrappers. What a first week!

I hope Pikey Paul has read your article. He was with me when I caught my first common from the Severn, and he's been debating whether to renew his Upper Trent club card this season...

I reckon you will have made his mind up! ;-)

Steve Spiller

Reaction score
Well done Tom, lovely looking fish.
Your story sounds like mine last year, I went after the carp and got two 11lb barbel.
Weird innit.

No complaints though!

Sgt Bash

Reaction score
Thanks for all your kind replies, the reason why I wrote the article was, because I have up until now had a rather Jaundiced view of Carp angling because of a few nasty incidents on a couple of lakes I used to fish. Catching the Carp on the River in the environment that I love showed to me that the Carp is just as hard fighting and tenacious as any Barbel or Chub and that my problem with carp was more to do with a certain element of anglers rather than the fish themselves. I have deprived myself of a lot of decent angling and this weekends catch has reawakened a desire to fish for carp again. Now my new seasons resolution was to catch myself some eel this year from a midlands water, so if I can achieve that this year it could turn out to be a special year indeed for me. Hoping to meet up with all of you at one of this summers fishins, good luck to you all.

J

john ledger

Reckon old Tom was up for another double act,one blonde was willing but her sister had second thoughts.Shame Tom its sad when you get old

B

I'm going to show this thread to Toms wife next week. It's my duty.

J

john ledger

It is your duty Baz and thats what good friends are for.I know i would because if Tom cannot handle two he is not worth it to her

B

Thanks for the support John mate. I wasn't sure at first, but now I know it's the right thing to do.
I also like the bit in his article where he says; who knows I might take up carp fishing again.

Two rods and bite alarms, a tackle barrow, and now he's got a bivvy. There's no might about it. There's something fishy going on if you ask me.

Sgt Bash

Reaction score
I nearly dropped my crafty carper down the toilet pan laughing at you two, dont you worry, when the next new moon cycle comes along (25/26 Jun) the call of Boris will be too much for me to succumb to.