Back to Fishing after a long break

D

Darren Paige

I have just taken up fishing after a 8 year break. I am look at preparing my own bait, and would be grateful for any tips. Baits to be used will be dog biscuits, worms, maggots, cheese, bread flake and castors. I'm also now living in the south-east, so any tips on good waters would be appreciated, after living next to the Trent i'm looking for some good still-waters.

P

Peter Morton

Darren
1st of all welcome.
Where abouts in the SE are you and do you have transport? also are you after any species in partiular?
Give us a few details and i'm sure we can help you out.
Peter.

D

Darren Paige

Thank you for your reply. I live near Tunbridge Wells, and have transport. I dont mind what i fish for, just fancy a go at stillwater fishing.

G

Geoff Palmer

Wylands at Catsfield is one complex. Fishing to suit all, match, specimen and pleasure.

G

Geoff Palmer

Ooops should have said that it is near Battle, East Sussex.

S

Stuart Bullard

Darren, I live quite near you (Orpington). You are spoilt for choice really, and it depends whether you fancy joining a club or fishing the numerous day ticket waters. If a club, then you may want to consider Tonbridge, Mid Kent or RMC. Mid Kent has some excellent waters from pleasure right up to the serious (i.e. Chilham) All have waters quite close by. Best bet is to go into the local tackle shops, there are some brilliant ones around Tunbridge and Tonbrdige.