Wish my Dad had been a fisherman!

E

ED (The ORIGINAL and REAL one)

Excellent idea Alan --- I bet he wants to go every time now

Steve Spiller

Reaction score
Lovely story Alan, not only did Callum beat his dad on his first ever trip, he also bagged the joint biggest fish of the day!

Well done Callum.

Nice one Alan, I bet it put a smile on your wifes face too!

Sgt Bash

Reaction score
The pictures says it all, a wonderful introduction to fishing. I bet he remembers it forever.

alan

Reaction score
thanks guys.

yep the only down side is he wants to go again ;@)

i normally do another trip around november/december for cod and whiting, but the sea is normally a bit rough and im not sure about taking him out then, he will have to wait for another smutt/tope trip next year. got another 2 wanting to go now, but to my mind they are still a bit young (4 and 7)

but saying that i took all three to a small puddle the other week and the middle one had 20+ fish out on his own with no help from me, so im looking to take him out for something a bit bigger.i've found a nice place not to far from us with 3 lakes, 2 small silver fish, 1 mixed and the last one with carp to about 30lb. even the 4/5lbers give a good fight so he might get a trip there soon.

the youngest went out a few weeks ago just walking along the beach but we didnt catch.

theres nothing like handing the kids a fishing rod bent in half and watching them struggle.

B

BAZ (Angel of the North) aka Fester

It's realy great to see youngsters enjoying them selves like this. Well done Callum mate. That's a super fish.

Bryan Baron 2

Reaction score
Excellent story.

Get them out with the spinning rods for mackeral over the summer. That should keep them interested till next year.

alan

Reaction score
they do that already Bryan.
all 3 have got a spinning rod and either a beach caster or pier rod, and the older 2 have got their own reels tackle boxes and enough tackle for me to nick some.

from the shore the 2 oldest have caught bass, pollock, pout and a baby ray each. and the youngest has reeled in bass and pout. nothing big but it keeps them happy, and gives me an excuse to go fishing.

Bryan Baron 2

Reaction score
At that age size really does not matter. Its when w get older that we wnt to catch larger specimens.

Hope you all have a good summer fishing then mate.