Cobbins Brook

njb51

Reaction score
Anyone know anything about Cobbins Brook? It runs between Epping and Waltham Abbey.

I was wondering what, if any, fish it contained. and if so, who has the rights to it.

Cheers.

Cobbins Brook

tony brooks 3

Reaction score
used to be waltham abbey angling club, not sure if they are still going, i think the entrance to the fishable bit by the m25 is by the underpass in beechfield walk, there used to be a gate entrance, so maybe a sign up, but fishjing between the m25 and sainburys depot?? noisy or what...good luck !!!!

tony brooks 3

Reaction score
no , i fished the relief channel years ago on a Royal Small Arms ticket, i think cobbins used to have a good head of roach, probably replaced by carp, it feeds into the relief channel and there are carp in there

think its had its fair share of polution

As i say, it was a Waltham Abbey Angling Club water

cheers

njb51

Reaction score
Pollution ay? hmmmmm, i may take a look anyway and decide that way.

Since you roughly know the area, do you know anything about Magic Lakes, Pick Hill?

tony brooks 3

Reaction score
sorry again, i havent fished majic or picks, but lake john is ok and i think is similar, although there is loads of fishing around the area as you will know, its upto you what floats your boat really, mine is blanking at the moment. l o l

tight lines

Alan Tyler

Reaction score
There's also Willowside Farm on the Sewardstone road, (over)stuffed with carp, plus all the usual suspects, a fiver a day.
(And I THINK that's for two rods!). Bream to over 10lb reported!
Seem to remember some tale about Willowside and Pick's, which are just about next door to each other, belonging to estranged brothers; could be all bull.

gareth young

Reaction score
cobbins brook used to be a good winter venue for small fish. i won a waltham abbey 4 hour xmas match there with 8lbs of roach perch and gudgeon on pinkies many years ago.