Ribble at Balderstone

Reaction score
Does anybody know the situation regarding fishing at Balderstone this season ? I heard a rumour that it was no longer with Warrington.

Reaction score
Thanks for that. What is the story re. Clitheroe AA and membership and possible day tickets ? I am assuming its the barbel that have made the stretch valuable and hence its not gone over to trout/salmon only. I used to fish that length for peanuts on the old Northern Anglers card in the pre barbel days and you'd often have it to yourself.

P

Phil Hackett disability bad speller with Pride

Jonathan
My understanding is its T&S only until the salmon season finishes in October, then coarse anglers can fish it for 3 months only for payment of ?50 to the backstabbing Clitheroe Anglers Ltd.

Chris Evans 4

Reaction score
Johnathan,

My advice would be to get yourself a St.Helens or Wigan Card. St.helens is only 20 quid and no joing fee. It runs on the adjacent bank to balderstone a runs further down stream. It starts at the end of balderstone wood.

Plenty of good fishing to be had !!

Chris.

Reaction score
I have fished Elston a few times, I just looked on the map and worked out were it is in relation to Balderstone. I like my float fishing and have never found pegs at Elston that are quite right, its either very fast or very slow. I had a decent day there when the river was up a foot or so but only got small fish when its normal/low. The pegs opposite and just downstream of Alston Old Hall at Balderstone were always my favourites !!!

Has anybody fished the EA stretch at Mitton ?

J

john conway

I'd a look at the Mitton stretch during the close season and there are a few good spots, especially where the Hodder joins. Plenty of dace and chub to 5lb so I?ve been told, not sure about barbel?
Don't forget Dewhurts House day ticket water left bank upstream of Ribchester Bridge?