Pike Glove's

BIG JIM

Reaction score
Can anyone suggest the best place to buy a Micromesh Chainmale glove ? , Butchers supplies tend to use a glove with very wide rings which is no good for Pike handling.

It must be a Micromesh glove as this is more of a gentle glove and will not damage the gill rakers etc etc , if used properly.

One more question folks ! , Is a filleting glove any good ?

Cheers

Jim

C

Chris Bishop

e-mail Chico Winterton, who posts on here - he sells them.

Gilby Gilbertson

Reaction score
Whole heartedly recommend the "chico" glove. Best bit of kit I have bought for pike fishing....period

BIG JIM

Reaction score
Thanks for the info chaps !!!

I have emailed Mr Chico , lets hope their upto scratch.

Jim

Chico

Reaction score
thanks for the plug, Jim has mailed me and I'm sure we'll sort him out.

Just like to say that I have always been very anti glove, they have all been either too abrasive or thick until now, yes you can get away with using them but they don't do the fish any good. Very pleased I came across these from Chad Caine.

E

EC

Have you got a link to the said glove please Chico/anyone?

Btw Chico my little lad thought you were great on xfactor, I thought you were rubbish meself like!

Glynis Buller

Reaction score
Do these come in Ladies sizes? I read in an article on the PAC wbsite that a pike would not bite you on purpose! I think I would bite you if you had stuck barbs in my dinner and then dragged me out of the water by them! Not to mention the indignity of having surgical instruments put down my throat. Worse than being at the dentists..

Giles Hill

Reaction score
The Chico gloves prevent gill rakers snagging on your fingers, which means you can pick fish up, hold them firmly and release them without damaging yourself or the fish.

You still need to take care because they are not hook or tooth proof, they are superb all the same - you can wear them all day and don't need to take them off to change lures etc.

They avoid the situation were you've chinned a 5lber, it's thrashing around, dropping it is not an option, so your knuckles get turned to mincemeat while you patiently wait for it to calm down....