bad day

david3092

Reaction score
anyone had a day like this two days ago i was invited to fish a pals private lake in barrow i had tried the pole but wasnt having much success so i decided to fish with my normal rod and line i cast out put the rod onto its rests and then realised that i needed to get something out of the car which was only yards away having returned to my fishing area i was horrified to see my rod and reel being towed along the top of water deciding to follow around the lake turned stood on the 3rd section of my moby pole sat down in dismay only to fall off my seat box i think i am going to take up para gliding

Graham Whatmore

Reaction score
Hopefully you and others reading this will have learned from the bad practice of leaving your rod whilst fishing, bad enough with a baitrunner but criminal without.

I think you have learned your lesson and will think twice before doing that again, rough justice but not a lot of sympathy from me I'm afraid.

david3092

Reaction score
no you are quite right luckely with help of a fellow angler we were able to retrieve the rod only problem is replacing the no 3 section of my pole

B

BAZ (Angel of the North) aka Fester

I would have snatched your card for leaving your rod unattended. Sorry but in my opinion you got off lightly.

B

And I would ban you for twelve months. After your ban is up, you would have to come and see me at my convienience.
After I had let you speak to me I would then decide if to let you back fishing or not. It would all depend on how I think you had behaved yourself during your ban.

B

I am dealing with people like Mr. Peacock all the time Eddie. I have heard all the excuses and know just how to handle them. I will let him have his say, but my words is final.

B

Sorry. No swimming either. Go ahead and dig a big hole for yourself.

B

No it doesn't, the safety of the angler comes first.

matt

Reaction score
How did the fish fare that had to tow your rod round the lake ?

Deanos

Reaction score
A good idea for any of the commercial fishery managers logged on may be this:
Build a small tower with a seat on (like the umpires use at Wimbledon), get
A really fit bird to sit in the tower wearing a skimpy swim suit then, if an angler
goes for a ramble, she can dive in and retrieve his rod from her lofty watch tower,
Also, if the fish aren?t feeding, it would give the anglers something to gawp at in between bites, problem solved. (I also think it would help if the ?attendant? has a very large chest! In fact ?BIG HUGE KNOCKERS!).

B

You are all bringing this thread into disripute.
I myself am trying to give Mr. Peacock the benefit of my vast expierience in a non self riotous manner. I don't want to snatch his card. But it would be worth more than my jobs worth not to.

B

I did actually used to referee football matches at one time Cakey.
It was for the over 70's five a side. But they got rid of me for committing too many fouls on the players. I did warn them that it was a game for men and not little girls.

B

Hmmm??????
I feel a thread coming on. Should we do it?