barbel record gone again

P

paul clarke

Upload
".....can't get tooooo excited about a 19lb barbel"
is this a misprint or some kind of late april fools? what is the angling world coming to when we have a quote like this.a fish half that size would have me doing cartwheels across the river , (...which is quite a feat as i make big Rik look like twiggy). lets get back to reality here... a near 20lb barbel and its being dismissed by this bloke as nothing.AAAAAAAAGGGHHHHH !!!!!! come on , rejoice in its capture . its an absolutely monster fish . can't wait to see if there are any pics , or was the fish not worthy of that either ??? Paul

P

Paul Williams

I'll bet there was more to the story than just that one liner!!
Lets leave the "politics"to one side though, a 19lb barbel is the stuff of dreams, personally i would like to see a big fish or two from elsewhere (to my rod :eek:) just to bring the whole thing back into perspective and that is not a dig at those fishing the Ouse or the ouse fish!......to be honest there are other fish just if not more "chased" than the ouse fish....oops i'm slipping into politics!!! a magnificent fish.....wish i had caught it!

P

Paul Williams

PS..make Rik look like twiggy.....we will have to call you "Little Paul" ;o)

C

Carp Angler

I look like Twiggy anyway with my slim and lithe figure.

M

Mike Parker

I presume that the Barbel Police have been informed or was it one of their rank that caught it???