How do you tell the difference between brandlings and dendrabenas

nicky

Reaction score
Going on from my previous post about worms how do you tell the difference

A

Andy "the Dog" Nellist (SAA) (ACA)

One comes from a compost or muck heap the other from a tackle shop :eek:)

stikflote

Reaction score
theres a big difference in size, brandlings are smaller, and if you look you can see some yellow in them

R

Ron 'The Hat' Clay (ACA-Life Member)

That's true but I get the feeling that Dendras are closely related to brandlings somehow.

Years ago we used to dig some huge brandlings from the rubbish dump at Athlone in Ireland. They were as big as lobs I swear. Old Ray Webb was shattered when he saw to size of them. They proved excellent bait for rudd but somehow useless for tench.

P

Phil Hackett disability bad speller with Pride

The characteristics used to identify earthworms are -
The external body characters used in identifying different species of earthworms are: the segmental position of the clitellum on the body, body length, body shape (cylindrical or flattened), number of body segments, type and position of body bristles or setae, the description of the tongue-like lobe, the prostomium, projecting forward above the mouth, type of peristomium or first body segment, external position and morphology of genital apertures or opening and type of glandular swellings on the clitellum. The shape and the relationship of various internal organs are also used to identify some species of worms.

And I bet some thought I was being a smart ar$e when I asked How many had the taxonomic skills to ID each species.

nicky

Reaction score
Holy Sh*t i better swat up on my taxonomic knowledge as I haven't got a clue what your on about, thanks for taking the time anyway