Big Trent barbel catch

The Watcher

Reaction score
There was a report in yesterdays Angling Times about a 400lb catch of barbel from the Trent at Collingham.

I know Collingham like the back of my hand and know whats been caught there since the season opend. I fish there regularly and am never far away. If I'm not there at least one of my friends is.

There has been no big catch like that from there i can tell you. So why does the guy have to report the fish from there? It can only be to shift pressure from somewhere else. Theres enough pressure on Collingham already without this underhanded stuff.

Theres only one other place a catch like that could come from and thats Hazleford.

I'm posting anonymously because I cant prove what I'm saying (yet). But if them who are involved don't like it let them prove that the report is true. Let the hazleford crew come on here and swear that the catch didn't come from there.

E

EC

To be honest I really dont think anyone on here gives a f**k mate, but living 5373582684389637 miles away, I maybe wrong.

Maybe try a post on the barbel fishing world site! Should get lots of attention there!

The Watcher

Reaction score
so Eddie, if somebody reported a catch from your favourite water, that wasnt caught from there, and it got overrun with anglers and you couldn't get a swim,that would be ok with you would it?

The Watcher

Reaction score
Who gives a f**k. All them who fish Collingham give one eddie, thats who, and there must be a good few of them on here mate.

E

EC

I never said that it was ok!

What I said is really quite clear, and I did say maybe I am wrong!

E

EC

And you give a f**k that much that you have to do it anonymously?

The Watcher

Reaction score
"To be honest I really dont think anyone on here gives a f**k mate"

Agreed, thats clear enough.

GrahamM

Managing Editor
Reaction score
This isn't Baitbox. And I do give a **** about that. Leave the swearing out, disguised or not.

E

EC

If taken out of context yes, or even if taken in the context it was written, it is also quite clear.

Very good, carry on.

E

EC

Edit the ** words if you want/can Graham!

Incidentally have I got copyright on my own sentence?

Lord Paul

Reaction score
Well done Graham for stepping in and Eddie for apologing.

Why is it usualy the barbel threads where things "kick Off"?

E

EC

The thing is I often type as I speak Paul, using words like 'mate' and expletives ***** etc so it's sometimes a bit naughty, I have reported myself in the past in all fairness.

GrahamM

Managing Editor
Reaction score
Watcher, you're making quite a serious allegation which I've been tempted to delete as it involves a previously touchy area. I decided not to though as it seems only fair that now a number of people have read it (on here or in their forum notification emails) the 'other parties' should have the opportunity to reply.

T

Tony Rocca

Its certainly a fact that such amazing catches are the norm for the exceptional anglers in the HPS, wherever they fish :eek:)

The HPS dont publicise their catches, or hide behind silly names Mr.Watcher.

Think what you will.

The Watcher

Reaction score
Me hiding behind a silly name doesn't hurt anybody but people who hide their catches behind other people's waters hurt a lot of people.

The Watcher

Reaction score
Tell me, if it was the HPS who prevented the publicity what was wrong with just saying the catch came from the Trent? Why did the guy who caught them have to say they came from Collingham?

Bryan Baron 2

Reaction score
Your fishing will be ruined for a couple of weeks. When they realise nobody as caught any where near 400Ib of barbel. if there lucky they will have it between them. they will be of to reap the rewards of another so easy stretch of water reported in the weeklies. Class it as crap and a made up story and never be seen again until the next article bestowes it with legendary qualities.

They will have picked it as its a top day ticket stretch that everybody and his dog have heard of. Not right i know but how often have we heard of simmalar things. We all ways take these storys with a pinch of salt. I have not read the article but how do we know they caught 400Ib of barbel. Was it in a match with officials or was it just somebody and his mate reporting a catch.

C

Chris Pearson

Has anyone else noticed how The Watcher's spelling,punctuation and grammar have improved dramatically from his original rant?
You really need to be a bit more consistant with your alias ;-)

T

The Watcher watcher

Oh,forgot to mention,you'll be pleased when Swordsy's Trent Massive crew arrives en masse then?
Sorry I won't be able to make it now,I've double booked but I'm sure they will all have a wonderful time watching you colour up.