Nice Idea Kevin!

S

Sean Meeghan

A brilliant idea! Carp fishing finally catches up with trout fishing. You could opt for a full ticket or catch and release ticket. And a whole new industry could spring up around these fisheries: recipe boards (pastie and chips!), healthy options to eat with your pastie, visits by celebrity chefs. The F1 circus comes to towwn! We'd have to do something about a sensible bag limit though.....

R

Ron 'The Hat' Clay (ACA-Life Member)

Actually I have eaten carp in the 3 to 5 lbs bracket and they are not bad.

No shortage of carp this size in England too.

S

Sean Meeghan

Eat it in Eastern Europe Ron. Thought it was OK, but it was a bit boney.

R

Ron 'The Hat' Clay (ACA-Life Member)

I used to catch 'em and eat 'em.

Not bad on a Barbie in tinfoil with onions in the stomach cavity.

S

Sean Meeghan

Hmm... another innovation. Maybe we could develop an specially flavoured pellet that would have a similar effect. Sell them at the fishery and change flavours regularly: This weeks special is cheese and onion pastie!!

J

john conway

There is probably a new opening for special clothing, sack cloth robes with hoods and the latest hair cut would be a small shaven patch on the crown of your head. All tattoos must be of a religious nature.

S

Sean Meeghan

Nah John they'll think you've got a monk on! Chefs hats, white smock and those checked chef's tousers will be the thing! Swordsy will look the part!

stikflote

Reaction score
the mail was also showing a pic of two tone the big carp, i too read the article. And you can buy carp from new street fish market along side big bream

henryk

Reaction score
i'm of polish origin but born in england. and carp does taste good

F

Fred Bonney

As far as I know, they farm carp for food in Israel,no doubt in eastern Europe too.

K

Kevin Perkins * * * * * * *

I think this idea of reaping Nature's harvest could be expanded. In fact, our Eastern European friends eating habits should be encouraged. To start off with, how about introducing them to the delights of Signal Crayfish chowder, perhaps Topmouth Gudgeon, coated in lightly seasoned flour, then fried in sesame oil could become a favourite.

And in a culture cross over, I think we have an answer to the 'Christmas Carp' that could make us all happy. Something that has the flavour of the traditional Xmas bird, but with a hint of fish, surely Roast Cormorant fits the bill exactly, don't you think......?

S

Sean Meeghan

Kevin you're a genius - all our problems solved at a stroke! Syill quite fancy the idea of a cheese and onion pastie though ....