flour for method?

nicky

Reaction score
Say for instance you had some groundbait that wasn't designed for the method. you've run out of method mix on the day, could you add a bit of flour to get the ground bait to bind enough.

Anyone tried this

B

Bully

Personally I would avoid as I think it would make it too stodgy.....but happily proved wrong.

Anyway, if you have run out of method mix on the day why would you take flour? Just take more mix!! You can get some very cheap base mixes as back up.

E

Evan

This is one of my big secrets, so don't go spreading it about.... seriously....

Add Co-op or Sainsburys pizza base mix. At an incredibly expensive 59p for a pack.... :)

It consists of the strongest flour available + salt + sugar + yeast and when mixed up makes the stickiest strongest and most tacky paste you can imagine.

Will carry more than twice its own weight or mass in trout pellet powder, mashed up corn, liquidised hemp or whatever else you want to make your paste out of. And when added to ordinary crumb or not very binding groundbait it transforms it into a pretty good method mix.......

Now, don't tell anyone else, there's a good chap, promise ?!?!?

PS. whatever else you do don't get your fingers stuck in it until after you have balled it up and left it to prove a bit.... you seriously won't get it of without skin removingly abrasive tactics. And mix it in dry with the other dry powders and add colours and mix first....

You have been warned ! Any wives wishing to kill someone for despoiled kitchen bowls etc. should not be pointed in my direction.

Rik Smith

Reaction score
Years ago , peole use to make glue for their kids from flour and water!! dont fancy using flour in method how many days til it breaks up!!

E

Evan

that's different types of PVA - same initials but different words for the glue v. the melty bag things. Some scientist bod will no doubt fill in the blanks if anyone is that interested.... !

Peter Jacobs

Staff member
Reaction score
Forgive the flipancy, but I am still trying to work out why on earth you'd have a bag of flour with you in the first place?

Personally, I would leave it at home and take an extra bag of Method Mix.

nicky

Reaction score
I suppose your right peter it's just the other night i ran out of method mix to add to my groundbait, i had a bit brown crumb left and i thought it may bind with a little bit of flour.
it's only 27p for 1.5kg

i never do anything conventional i like to experiment.

today i used a mix of vitalin, four slices of white bread, hemp seed, some dog food that the dog didn't eat, no frills sweetcorn all mashed together and wetted with the water from the hemp. got me loads of bites and a few fish, and cost hardly anything, i think it's half the fun making your own concoctions

E

ED (The ORIGINAL and REAL one)

Years ago (before boilies etc)we used to use tinned cat food stiffened up with flour ..... then we used meatballs
There are lots of things you can try

Deanos

Reaction score
Cat food mixed with some flour!?.I believe these are sold at our local chippy under the description of ?fish patties?!.