Which carp reels pt.2

carp_mad_man

Reaction score
Thank you for all the other post and have found three, what i think are good, carp reels. these are as follows; Daiwa emcast advanced/evo, wychwood riot big pit 65 and wychwood exorcist big pit baitrunner, i hope these are not too big or clunky, if so please let me know if they are, as i dont want that sort of reel.
ir realy dont want to spend more than £70 and it would be delightful if anyone could be of help on advice on which one e.g. pros and cons or even a similar alternative to the listed reels as above.
thanks for all posts, signed off as CMM

Ray Daywalker Clarke

Reaction score
CMM,

None of the reels you have listed are small reels, I have a pair of 4500 Emcast and they are as small as Emcast go, but you would have to buy a bait runner conversion, I just turn the front Drag thats good enough.

carp_mad_man

Reaction score
noknot, in the answer to your question. its because people, dunno who, keep changing the subject on my threads to what i do not care about, so i just start a new one. its that or that no one gives me the answer i was looking for so i just re-post ot. sorry if its anoying u. CMM

sam vimes

Reaction score
What exactly are you asking for?:confused: Is it purely a reassurance thing?
It would appear that most have a different idea of what's good and what still fits with the specs you said you required. Maybe you'll find someone that thinks the Wychwoods are great but it hasn't happened so far.:) Neither of the Wychwoods are small (or even average sized) reels, TBH I felt that the Riot was bloody huge.
The Daiwa is a good reel but doesn't have a baitrunner/quickdrag facility. I'd not touch the Wychwoods but that doesn't mean others wouldn't. I'd tend to stick with Shimano and Daiwa but to get that baitrunner/quickdrag facility on a baby/big pit reel of either brand you are going to have to up your budget a little.

Last edited:

Ray Daywalker Clarke

Reaction score
CMM.

I said on your first thead what reels you could get for your budget, and on this thread that the Diawa and Wychwood reels are big reels.

Your not going to get what you want for your budget, if you double the budget then maybe. For £70 your budget, you can get an Emblem, but you will have to buy a converter to turn it into a baitrunner.

The best opion you have for your budget is the Shimano that I posted on your other thread, you can get some cheap old rubbish, but you will be buying more than once, as many of the cheap baitrunner reels just fall apart.

It's up to you now.

noknot

Reaction score
noknot, in the answer to your question. its because people, dunno who, keep changing the subject on my threads to what i do not care about, so i just start a new one. its that or that no one gives me the answer i was looking for so i just re-post ot. sorry if its anoying u. CMM
Hi CMM, No it's not anoying me at all, I just think the one thread will keep it more tidy, and you may get more help, good luck.

carp_mad_man

Reaction score
ive uped my game and changed my budget to £205 for two, purely because i fell in love with the shimano tribal ultegra 5500. ive only heard good reviews but what do previouse owners think of them? OR for the same money, for two, what could people sugest other than these reels? many thanks, CMM

carp_mad_man

Reaction score
Errrrm, well i dont know for sure but on www.ericsangling they sell the shimano ultegra NON-camo for £115 with free fox soft steel line! its £5 postage as well which is swell, just look on the left hand side of the home page and scroll down to where it says 'reels-carp' then its either at the bottom or midway, but its worth a look around!

sam vimes

Reaction score
Now you are talking, I have the non-tribal version and can thoroughly recommend them. They aren't as humungous as a full on big pit reel though they are still huge compared to a 5000 sized baitrunner. However, they have a strange way of shrinking as you get used to them. All I can say about the tribal version is that I'd not pay a penny extra for a camo paint job. They do come with a reel case though which probably is worth a few quid extra. If they are the same price as the standard XTBs, and you happen to like them, go for it.