Mice in my shed

Blunderer

Reaction score
I have a family of mice in my shed where I keep my tackle. They are making mincemeat out of anything resembling paper in my tackle and the shed stinks.

I don't really want to kill them but my patience is wearing thin. One was in my rucksack last time I got my tackle out and it gave me the shock of my life running onto my neck!

Any advice, anyone? I suspect my options are limited to traps or tolerence....

Mark Wintle

Reaction score
Be kind to them, bait the traps with C*dburys D*iry M*lk and if the spring doesn't break their necks the salmonella will get them, at last they experienced a moment of pleasure first...

I

Ian Cloke

A glass bottle placed at an angle, with a bit of bait should catch them. If they can climb into it, they shouldn't be able to get back out. Provided the angle of the bottle is sufficient;-)

R

Ron 'The Hat' Clay (ACA-Life Member)

Get at least 10 efficient mouse traps. Those American ones are the best. Bait them with Mars Bar, brown bread or peanut butter.

Lay them out in the shed, wait a little while until you have heard 10 cracks, remove them, bury them, and start all over again.

I had a family of mice in my place about a year ago. I trapped and killed over 40 of the sods.

They have not been back.

R

Oh, if you use a bottle you must get a decent weapon to crush the sods with. Don't let then go, they will only come back.

E

ED (The ORIGINAL and REAL one)

"I don't really want to kill them but my patience is wearing thin"

You have to --they are vermin !

T

The Monk

my ferrets wouldnt kill anything, they would try to make friends with the mice but scare them off in the process

M

Mark Hodson

You can buy those humane traps, i've seen them at the garden centre, which trap them alive, you can then transfer them to an appropriate place ( a disliked neighbours shed, the mother - in - laws, someone who owes you money, the possibilities are endless and much more fun than killing them).

njb51

Reaction score
Caught one in one of those traps that Ron is on about......only a cat ran away with it! Cheeky sod!

B

BAZ (Angel of the North) aka Fester

Which reminds me. Has Sylvester had any luck yet Ed?

R

Those are not proper ferrets you've got mate, they are woofter ferrets!

Deanos

Reaction score
Fear not Blunderer!
I have (after a bit of a struggle) managed to ?parcel up? my two scraggy rescue cats which will sort the problem out in no time, as they have very cosmopolitan tastes,
would it be possible to dip the mice in a nice madras curry sauce for them first please.
Ron, did these ?40? mice appear AFTER the real ale or before, were they talking and dancing around in little waistcoats?
If so?I have seen them as well!?.my advice is don?t waste your money on traps, just lay off the ale for a week!

E

ED (The ORIGINAL and REAL one)

If cats like mice so much -- Why don't they have mouse flavoured cat food

M

mark williams 4

If you live in Liverpool, just leave the shed door open all night. There will be f-all left in the shed for the mice to live in...

Just joking!

Deanos

Reaction score
If humans like fish so much, why don?t fish fingers taste like fish Ed! :)))
And! it wont be long before the ?Captain? is after those big gut bucket carp
For his breadcrumb covered digits!?you mark my words!

Deanos

Reaction score
If Derrick Hatton was a moderator on here, you would have gone under the cosh for that SPURRULUS remark Mark! :))))).

R

No Deanos, they got into me store of barbel pellets.

Don't put your tackle in an outside shed.

Mine is stored next to my bed, and I have a 24 inch machete under it.