Question

I

Ian Cloke

If you knew that someone had put a diseased fish into a river (out of their pond) after being told to destroy/kill the fish, who would you contact?

E

EC

I would suggest the EA and the controlling body of the water in question!

Ric Elwin

Reaction score
I wouldn't dream of shopping a friend, diseased fish or not.

I

Ian Cloke

This fish, a koi carp, had/has a VERY contagious (sp?) disease, and it could kill a LOT of other fish in the river. I don't want to shop a friend, just to try and get the fish taken out of the river, and for some "treatment" to be done, to try and prevent any spread of disease.

I

Ian Cloke

Just called "Incident hotline: 0800 807060" and told them about the carp, also where it was put in the river. Not a lot else I can do now, I don't think?

I didn't leave any other name than my own, so nobody else should be involved.

J

john ledger

Ian
You took the correct action mate and i would have done the same ,one rotten apple

W

Wolfman Woody

Are you absolutely positive about the disease?

How is it transmitted?

Is the river normally a fast one or a sluggish slow one?

I ask because some diseases and fish parasites can't survive in rivers because of the flow. It may not be as serious as you fear, but whether or not, it was wrong of your mate to do that.

Try explaining the risks to your "friend" whilst shoving a pencil into his ear down as far as you can. He may get the point...

F

Frank "Chubber" Curtis

As an angler, with a friend like that you don't need enemies.

I

Ian Cloke

I'm not sure what the disease is Woody, but it is a leathal one. I've told the EA all I know about the fish, and where it was put into the river, but left all other names out of it.

B

Budgie Burgess

I dont think there is much chance of them locating the "diseased" fish Ian.Your mate is extremely iresponsible.At least if there is a problem your information may of be some use to the EA.But they will still most likely blame it on pike anglers!

Been saying it for years that ornementals are responsible for the introduction/spread of many serious diseases.But its easier (and more to their purpose) for some with alternative agendas to blame it on live baiting pike anglers.

Rik Smith

Reaction score
Why didn't he kill it? i wouldn't of hesitated to report the incident same as you.good for you . He's a twat and so is ric (above )who "wouldn't dream of shopping a friend". Someone who could in theory ruin your carp fishing for good near you and not report him.You wanna sort yourself out ric its people with your sort of attitude that can end up affecting the sport for hundreds of people.