16 elastic

L

lil carper

Can u use 10lb line with a size 16 elastic? i used it at my last session with ease landin loadsa large carp. i jst wanna b sure. cheers

Joskin

Reaction score
You can use what you like but it sounds a bit over the top to me.

T

Terry D

I don't think you need 10lb line with a 16 elastic, 6lb should be plenty strong enough.

L

lil carper

im surface fishing and 10lb carp are the smallest fish in the lake and they take it so violently. I tried 8 lb and it was snapped when it took it off the top. And plus im surface fishing near some heavy snags. so will it snap that elastic?

Joskin

Reaction score
You need a stronger elastic if the fish are all doubles. 16 aint srtong enough. Mind you why are you not useing a rod if you are surface fishing? I have never heard of anyone surface fishing with a pole. Why?

L

lil carper

i could do wid stronger elastic
i went dis weekend and i had a 10lb a 11 1/4lb and a 12 lber which is my biggest fish. Erm no pole is more accurate if uyou see a cruising fish you put a floater (dog buiscuit) right infront of it's nose and it takes it with gr8 force and hooks it's self. It allows you to cut out the smaller fish. You just do a short link about 2ft long and go straight thru with a hook and you can take big fish. could have done with the extra backbone of a heavier elastic tho! cheers

Joskin

Reaction score
I am amazed that they will take off the surface with a pole being waved over their heads but so long as its Safe, Works and you enjoy it then carry on.