Paul On The Trent

• Thread starter BAZ (Angel of the North) aka Fester
  • Start date
B

BAZ (Angel of the North) aka Fester

Brilliant reading Paul, bloomin brilliant.

Rik Smith

Reaction score
Nice one Paul.Just shows that paul is stating what we all get like at sometime or other, if not all the time.!!

S

Sean Meeghan

Good read Paul, and sound advice. Its so easy to lose focus and fritter away time and opportunities.

dhigg001

Reaction score
Paul,
Good read mate and I fished that peg on the upper river a week last Wednesday, had an 8 and also lost another.
Keep it simple, I just droppered a few pellets and hemp in, tackled up droppered some more and went for a walk. Never saw a fish as the bait was placed right behind one of those trees.
Bait was just elips hair rigged to an 8 and no feeder just a striaght lead.
It was less than 50 yards down stream where I had my p.b. of 13-3.
They are there but just keep it simple.
If you want more guidance on the stretch drop me an email I've been fishing it for years.

Paul

Paul H

Reaction score
Derbyshire: best beer, best cheese, best puddings.
Cheers lads.

:O)

What a buzz seeing your first article in 'print'. I'm really looking forward to the fish in now!

I must say without the friendly atmosphere on this site and the brilliant advice and encouragement I may never have been inspired enough to put finger to keyboard.

Thanks as well Paul H, are you talking about near Newark or Derby?

Paul B

Reaction score
Good 'un Paul! suprised there's no mention of the 'bertie basset' bait from the A1 pits sesh... top idea!

Paul H

Reaction score
Ha ha! I'd forgotten about that to be honest.

It seemed like a brilliant idea at the time. Certainly wasn't going to catch me a tiddler was it!

That though is a prime example of faffing about trying something that in all likelyhood was never going to catch me a fish. Not there anyhow.

dhigg001

Reaction score
Pikey,
I'm talkking the upper River, Derby stretch.
Not far to walk on that peg either.

Drop me an email and I'll give you some advice maybe even meet up.

Online at work at present but off work from lunchtime until Wednesday but will be on line at home.

I went to a fish in at Sutton last year and two guys brought all manner of groundbait and hook bait with them, why? It just isn't needed, needless to say they failed to catch. Mind you so did everyone else but not all the others took a tackle shop with them.

Paul

P

pons

Well done Pikey Paul,
That was a refreshing read,love the self deprecating humour and honesty,and reading how you have changed things.
When I read stuff like this ,it makes me wonder how anything I do is ever published,as you have a lovely relaxed style,well done.
Pons.

J

john conway

Excellent article Paul thoroughly enjoyed the read especially with the 15th July in mind?

Reaction score
Excellent article mate, nice one!

As Pons says you have a really accessible and entertaining writing style.

I couldn't see anything wrong with the photos though... ;-)

Looking forward to your post-Collingham write-up. Ian still won't rearrange his wedding :-( He's so selfish...

Give me a bell and we'll arrange a date to test those lures. (29th July, Lower Severn. zeds and pikeys?) Let me know.

Reaction score
Paul B,

I'd totally forgotten about the Bertie Basset! That is destined to become an angling classic :)

You should get that on the rigs page Pikey!

Paul H

Reaction score
I may just do that, I think I may still have the rig I made for it somewhere.

I'll send you mail Paul but I need to renew my membership for that stretch. Been a bit slack in that respect so far, money came onto it as well but hopefully next pay cheque should see my permit in the post again.

Thanks to everyone for the 'big up' and yes John I'll be there on the 15th.