The Trent at Gunthorpe

Paul Makings

Reaction score
Firstly, Hello to everybody, i am new on here and have been reading various threads with intrest.
I am a regular Trent fisherman its one of only three venues i devote my very limited time too. I have just taken a detor to Gunthorpe on my way home and was wondering if anybody knew the potential of this strech of water both above and below the weir, i obviously target barbel but also carp, chub and bream, would anybody be kind enough to tell me the best spots to go, or reasonable places etc, any info would be much appreciated as i am hopefully going to go on Saturday after work.
Thankyou in advance.
Paul

mattzzzzzz

Reaction score
Have a look at www.nottinghamanglers.co.uk
as its members only below the weir but good fishing to be had if you can get on....
above the weir can offer good mixed sport but below its mainly chub and barbel with the odd carp thrown in.
Club books available from most notts tackle shops or via the address on the website
Regards Matt

Paul Makings

Reaction score
Cheers Matt
Looks like they have some good waters and shall be looking into becoming a member, i have been concentrating on the tidal sections mainly and am going to cast my lines a bit further now.
Thanks Paul