Am I Cursed?

Ginger

Reaction score
I`m beginning to think i must be cursed,about 4 seasons ago i was a member of a local club that had a couple of stretches on the River Blackwater in Essex.Unfortunately this part of the river suffered a pollution problem resulting in a massive fish kill. ( see the features section on this site ).The following year i joined another local club who had stretches on the River Roding also in Essex, and guess what,that to suffered a pollution problem.Now i`m running out of rivers to fish in Essex but this year i`ve joined Cemex Angling who have a stretch on the River Lea.About 2 weeks before the start of the season fish deaths were reported from this section of the river.I`ve just come back off holiday and still haven`t fished yet this season and was planning a trip this weekend to the River Lea,i`ve just looked on the Cemex site and it says they are closing the stretch as from this weekend because of low water levels.If anyone out there would like to invite me to Adam`s Mill i`m sure i will be able to curse that aswell.
If i don`t post again on this site it probably means i`ve slit my throat.

Wayne T

Reaction score
Agree - definitely cursed. Please refrain from fishing anywhere in Berkshire.

Ginger

Reaction score
Wayne, as i`ve run out of rivers in Essex,Berkshire is on my list of places to destroy next.

Wayne T

Reaction score
Stay away! No gingas allowed !!!(big signs along the M4)

Alan Tyler

Reaction score
There are loads of commercials out your way, Ginger - perhaps you could start a profitable little prote... sorry, insurance racket!
"Ten quid, I don't fish your lake; twenty, I fish your rival's..."

Ginger

Reaction score
Sorry Alan, but it`s got to be running water i just don`t have the same " luck " on commercials.

Alan Tyler

Reaction score
But seriously, I thought F.G. was only closed above the Bailey Bridge? - still plenty to jinx; the anglers all go to the sexy bends at the top, but the fish... if you're driven to fish for beardless wonders, pack a worm or three and be on the lookout for perch.

Ginger

Reaction score
Alan, i`ve yet to fish The Green,( new member this season ) have you fished it before?

Alan Tyler

Reaction score
Oops, crossed in the post - start at Burton and work down. I think the beer gets worse in that direction, but you won't notice!

"'Alf a pint o' Burton won't hurt'n, I'm certain"

Alan Tyler

Reaction score
Dunnit again - yes, but not for a couple of years. It gave me p.b. Chub, barbel, tench and possibly bream (the last too snotty, spawned out, and pissed-off looking to weigh), but next to no back-ups (except chub). If you like hemping for roach, get down to the smooth water in the lower stretches! "Follow the bread" chubbing would probably be the most fun way to explore it, but there are some tasty chub swims in the first field down from the bailey bridge, so it might take a while to reach the lower limit...

It definitely repays more time and effort than I was able to give it.

Ginger

Reaction score
Thanks for that Alan, i`ll give a go early tomorrow morning.

Ginger

Reaction score
Just to warn all you Lancashire anglers,my pal in Preston has invited me up for 8 days fishing on the Ribble from September 16th.Get in now while the fishings still good.

David Craine

Reaction score
Stay on the banks, dont fish, you may just pollute the toerags, which will be a benefit to all...
Good luck.

Chevin

Reaction score
I am not cursed - quite the opposite really, I make where ever I go to fish have a real red letter day the day before I get there! As I leave fishless everyone says to me, "Ohhh, you should have been here yesterday!"