Pro Performance Spinning Rods

R

Rob Brownfield

Have any of you used or bought the Pro Performance spinning rods from NWAC?
I need info on action, weight and power..if that makes sense?
Cheers

J

Jon Moores

Rob

I've not used the Pro Performance rods, but I have used a Ron Thompson spinning rod and have been happy with that, especially at ?20. Mine is a 10-30g 8', though I'd say it was a bit more suited to a slightly lower weight range, I found it fine for lures from a 5cm countdown Rap to 15g 'C'

Jon

N

Nicky Garbutt

rob these rods are great ive got one of the 10f 300 spinning rod for cristmas. ive casted lighter lures like 10grams but not too far. the guide lure weight is 20-60grams.
the wieght is unreal its the lightest rod ive ever used and the rod blank is thin like a pencil.
the action too is great ive got 10lb pike it has a though action. love it but be careful the reel seat cause sum reels dont fit in ive go a 4010 baitrunner with mine it fits prefectly.

N

Nicky Garbutt

ive casted 2oz leads with it just to test it out it gets good distance. the only thing im not to keen on is the cork grip itsn not full lenght.

R

Rob Brownfield

cheers for the replies. It sounds like its not the rod for me. I need something poker stiff and tippy. I have heard they are a little "floppy"...which I cant stand in a rod....damn..i guess i will keep looking

N

Nicky Garbutt

the one ive got is 2 lb t/c just right for the place like right next to trees and snags.