Day ticket purchase by email

davestocker

Reaction score
In March last year I posted on the FM forum, asking whether any angling clubs were issuing day (or weekly) permits by email. After all, if you can buy an airline ticket on your PC to fly you to the other side of the world, why shouldn?t you be able to get a day ticket without having to make what might be a significant diversion to a tackle shop or wherever. The posting I recall got three responses, none of which was able to give a positive answer to my question.

Anyhow, I was searching the Windermere, Ambleside and District A.A.?s website the other day, and discovered that they are in fact doing just this, using a paypal system. Although I?m not a member, I am acquainted with several members, and the club has a reputation for being very well run. As well as issuing tickets by email, they have no less than 17 permit outlets, which include numerous garages, newsagents, tackle shops, tourist information centres, newsagents and a pub. No excuse for not purchasing a permit for this club?s waters, then!

FM is a wonderful angling website. So too is WADAA?s site. I recommend a visit if only to see an example of a seriously good site. Enjoy it at

http://www.lakedistrictfishing.net/