Anti-angling stuff in Warwickshire Newspaper

davestocker

Reaction score
Kenilworth Weekly News 7.7.06

Should fishing be banned at Abbey Fields?
Wildlife lover Mick Cole fears illegal fishing at Abbey Fields lake is endangering the lives of birds.
Irresponsible fishermen and youngsters using the pool are leaving behind lines with floats and hooks which could kill swans, ducks and their young.
In the last months Mr Cole has helped rescue two swans which were in distress because of the lethal litter.
He said: "The line was around their feet and the swans couldn't paddle because it was like a shackle."

WHAT DO YOU THINK?
We'd like to hear your views on this story. You can send us your comments by emailing Kenilworth Weekly News 7.7.06
Wildlife lover Mick Cole fears illegal fishing at Abbey Fields lake is endangering the lives of birds.
Irresponsible fishermen and youngsters using the pool are leaving behind lines with floats and hooks which could kill swans, ducks and their young.
In the last months Mr Cole has helped rescue two swans which were in distress because of the lethal litter.
He said: "The line was around their feet and the swans couldn't paddle because it was like a shackle."
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
We'd like to hear your views on this story. You can send us your comments by simply clicking on this email:
This is what I think
Kenilworth Weekly News 7.7.06

WHAT DO YOU THINK?
We'd like to hear your views on this story. You can send us your comments by emailing john.howes@hoenews.com

This is what I think

M

Mark Hodson

I've never heard of the venue, must have a publicity ban, he's in trouble now.

Every local angler in the land will be going for a peep around, I think he's shot himself in the foot.

Merv Harrison

Reaction score
If you read the other articles

a. Dead Goose found

b.Your say, Graffiti

c.Anger over travellers

they are all complaints from the same source, Mick Cole.

M

Mark Hodson

Rhymes with.......

I'll give you a clue (you wipe it and it aint your nose)