Back at last...and with some success!

Graham Braithwaite

Reaction score
No-one on here will remember me, but a few of you - most memorably Baz - helped me with quite a few (fishing) problems that I was having early last year, but I've not really been back since then.

I doubt whether many of you will have heard of Yeadon Tarn near Leeds (it's right smack bang next to the airport, so you can watch jets and ducks and geese and swans flying all at the same time!), but I've recently started fishing again and, despite having my line broken and, ultimately, blanking yesterday, I pushed myself back in the fary this morning (with a 4.00am start!), and am delighted to say that I caught and 8-9lb Mirror on the Method, and feel like a Millionaire!

I think I've had a mental block for so long that it would always be 'other people' who would catch the biggish stuff, and whilst an 8lb Carp is hardly a record breaker, it nontheless represents real progress for me in a sport that I've always loved, even if I don't get by the water nearly half as much as I'd really like.

I know it's a pretty unremarkable tale that I've logged on to tell, but I do intend to get on here a whole lot more often now, and I always reccommend the site to anyone that I hapen to chat to.

One last thing; Do any of you listen to 'Fisherman's Blues' at the weekends on talkSPORT and, if so, what do you all think to it? I've never ever heard this site being mentioned, and would have thought it would have happened by now. I actually like the show a lot, but get a bit lost amidst all the name checks and the very, very (to me) technical stuff that I don't quite understand. Still, I find it a really good friendly listen. How about you?..

Tight lines!,
Graham

Graham Braithwaite

Reaction score
Just a quick note to anyone who wondered what "the fary" in this phrase means:

"I pushed myself back in the fary this morning..."

Whilst it might be said to sound worryingly gay and "rudish", I assure you that it's nothing of the sort - I'm totally straight, as my beautiful Italian girlfriend will happily tell you! - and it was meant to say "I pushed myself back in there early..." etc, so now you all, thankfully, know...

Toodle-pip!,
Graham

Graham Braithwaite

Reaction score
Many thanks Paul...and what a great name too!

But what do you all think about 'Fisherman's Blues' on talkSPORT?...

Graham Braithwaite

Reaction score
I hear that some people even run a weekly sweep on the precise time that John from Enderby will be on..

By the way, is that 'Cakey' after Charlie Chuck's 'Cakey Pig' creation?

Graham Braithwaite

Reaction score
Great to hear there's some Charlie Chuck fans around!

I saw him in one of our local bars a few weeks ago (they run occasional 'Charlie Chuck's Laughter Lounge evenings at a pub in nearby Guiseley, which is about ten miles north of Leeds. Charlie was top of the bill that night and did an absolutely stunning set. Can't wait to see him again!

B

BAZ (Angel of the North) aka Fester

Wasn't Charlie also known as uncle Peter? I remember him walking on stage. Just standing there and shouting DONKEY.
Welcome back Graham.

B

Anyway Graham.
If it only took you from last year up until now to catch your Carp. It just proves that my tips do work. (o

Graham Braithwaite

Reaction score
Hi to everyone else who said 'hello', and thanks for making this such a friendly Forum - the best on the net as far as I'm concerned.

Baz, I haven't fished much since since you gave me those tips, but I'm back in there and loving it now! My wife and I have split up since then and it's been a pretty ugly divorce, but I've been fortunate enough to meet another girl now, and we're getting married a bit later this year. Head suitably together again, I'm back with my fishing, and doing it better than ever...(fishing, that is...).

Bye for now,
Graham

Graham Braithwaite

Reaction score
Oh, and I forgot to say (to Baz); Yes, Charlie Chuck was Uncle Peter. Wasn't that with Reeves and Mortimer?...

E

ED (The ORIGINAL and REAL one)

Charlie Chuck must be the second most unfunny man behind Harry Hill .......

B

Yes Reeves and Mortimer that's where I saw him last mate. ......................?????? DONKEY. Hahahaaaaaaa.