Getting it right

• Thread starter BAZ (Angel of the North) aka Fester
  • Start date
B

BAZ (Angel of the North) aka Fester

<u>Scenario 1</u>

I am walking along the bank at Lake Fiddlemore.
And I spot a group of lads aged about 10 ? 14 years of age fishing. They are all members and doing nothing wrong.
Lo and behold as I get nearer, one of them catches a 2lb Roach. As we all know they are tomorrows anglers, and we should give them as much encouragement as possible. Better still they are not the local hoodie types.
So I get the camera out and take a picture of the lad holding the 2lb Roach and promise to try and get it into the local paper for him (Give credit where it?s due). I comment on their really good behaviour, and give them lots of praise for their efforts. I then leave the area.

<u>Scenario 2</u>

I am on Lake Fiddlemore and I spot a group of lads aged about 10 ? 14 years of age. I suspect they have been causing damage to the surrounding property. But before I can say anything to them, or call for assistance to act as a witness, I have to be absolutely certain that they are the culprits I am looking for.
So I go and stand by a tree and watch them. After a short time of about five minuets, I realise that the group of lads are not the ones I was looking for so I simply walk away and leave them to their fishing.

(Anybody want to discuss the above scenarios)

F

Frothey

careful taking pics of kids, and as for watching them from the trees.........

B

Damn!
Down at the first hurdle (-;

I tried to diguise the story the best I could. But I wonder how many other people would have picked up on what I said?
Exactly right mate.

C

Chris Pearson

Number 1 for me,send the piccy into Angling Star and claim the Climax Points.

B

Lake Fiddlemore.
That's purely a lake that doesn't exist, and hopefully so that NOBODY could confuse or try to say I was talking about my own club waters.
Sadly it does happen. )o

Okay then. Anybody reading the first post that didn't catch on to what was actually happening in the scenario's hold your hands up.

It's all about child protection nowadays.

B

I wasn't trying to catch anybody out Les. I was looking to see how many of us are alert as to what could happen over something so simple.

Reading it on a thread would probably be easier to spot. But in reality, I'm not so sure that many of us would relise what we could be getting ourselves into.
Things today are a far cry from, hello little boy/girl. Would you like to help me find my little puppy dog in the bushes.

Rik Smith

Reaction score
I tell you what Baz the way things have changed over the past few years ,you've got to think twice if you see a kid fall over in the steet and want to help him/her up.What if someone sees me what will they think. It's a crying shame that life has changed so quickly into being a society where you cannot help kids without fearing some sort of suspicion is going to fall on you for nothing.

P

Phil Hackett disability bad speller with Pride

I'd be careful about using the words Climax points just in case the S got dropped inadvertently.

Bryan Baron 2

Reaction score
When i worked for the local rag we would go down the parks etc during the school holidys and get some filler pics of kids just enjoying themselfs. never had to find the parents or gaurdians. How things have changed now we have to spot who the parents are gt there permission before taking the picture. The problem is there is now spontanaity to the images anymore they are staged an it usually shows.

I ahve also got to the stage where i will not open the front door if i see kids there. It not worth the risk. The evidence is all there 41 living alone i must be gay or a pervert.

We are becoming a world were we are guilty till proven innocent. Sad really.