virus

Rik Smith

Reaction score
well only said it a couple of weeks ago and now here we are 3 fisheries infected with the carp virus and for some strange reason the EA dont want us to know which one. Nice an responsible that. So pick up the virus from somewhere that has it and you dont know and spread it about. nice one EA. twats.

P

Phil Hackett disability bad speller with Pride

e-mail and ask'em the question under the Freedom of Information Act. Asking for the lab report on the infected fish. They can't refuse you then.
Any problems pm me and i'll tell you how to progress it further.

Bryan Baron 2

Reaction score
Rik watch the language. This is not baitbox and its not really allowed theer anymore. Graham will be after you ;o)

Let us know how you get on.

T

Terry D

I think it's appalling that the EA's attitude in this is "to protect the long term reputation and the livlihood of the infected waters". I'm sorry but that is not their job, they are there to protect the Environment and to try and stop any chance of this or any other disease being spread to other waters.
I'll be writing my own letter to them very soon and I suggest as many readers as possible do the same.

Rik Smith

Reaction score
Petty aren't you. if you can use the word buggar i can use tw--s!! if thats all you've got to say about the virus problem . Well says it all.

C

Cakey

must admit after seeing the ea at work last summer i thought twats was an under statement but nothing to do with a virus sorry

colsmiff

Reaction score
The question is, exactly what will the virus do if it escapes from the vicinity of carp puddles? Will it infect all cyprinid species with equally high morbidity/mortality, or are we only looking at a virus specific to king carp, in its many guises?
<a href=http://edis.ifas.ufl.edu/pdffiles/VM/VM11300.pdf>http://edis.ifas.ufl.edu</a>

Richard Lee 2

Reaction score
Sadly, I think it has already spread, but the EA are staying very quiet. Anyone have a clue what the original three infected waters are?

massive

Reaction score
they've known about the threat of this carp virus for a while now and they still let carp get imported from australia, don't you think they should have got our own potential threat sorted before they started importing others.

Joskin

Reaction score
I know that Boddington reservoir has had a huge fish kill last week and I have seen a report that states around 800,000 fish have died. This must be all species of fish though and not just Carp.

honslow

Reaction score
Joskin, BW are claiming they know nothing about this. What's your source? What report?

Joskin

Reaction score
One of the guys at our Club comittee meeting last night had the report in his hand. I had heard earlier in the week that they had lost alot of fish. I had a very quick look at the report where he had hilighted the eight hunded thousad dead fish. I cant remember who wrote the report but can try to find out.

Joskin

Reaction score
The report was written by a guy named Andy Killingbeck but I am unsure where he got the info from

Bryan Baron 2

Reaction score
If you remember we had a similar thing happen up North last year. What happened. not much a lot of carp died. EA did some test found nothing (suprise). Fish stopped dying everything went back to normal.

I have never said bugger and i do care but the usual will happen as it did for us. they will then overstock the water with more selectively breed carp and the cycle starts again.

Joskin

Reaction score
Ok found out a little more for you.

The report was from a Thames conservancy meeting by EA man Andy Killingbeck. Apparently a similar thing had happened at Tring reservoir.