Take a Bow - Woody

GrahamM

Managing Editor
Reaction score
Great poem by Mike Harding. It was good of him to give us permission to use it.

captain carrott

Reaction score
well woody you have excelled your self that time i havent had such a laugh in ages.

K

Kevin Perkins * * * * * * *

Steady on Jeff, carry on writing like that and you will have me out of a job!

Very funny though.......

C

Chris Pearson

jeff,
I've been giving this matter a great deal of thought and I've come to the conclusion that I'd rather be be regarded as "The sly-eyed, twisty-mouthed grabber and fumbler,
The shifty-faced, two-tongued, leadswinging lizard" than having to admit that either you or 2Bobs is a mate of mine.
Much happier with the ones I've got thanks.
Best wishes,
Chris

GrahamM

Managing Editor
Reaction score
Glad you've not lost any of your sense of humour Chris.

C

Chris Pearson

Graham,
Just wondering why you would think being insulted again is in any way humorous?

GrahamM

Managing Editor
Reaction score
Sorry Chris, I didn't know you were featured in it. I'll have another read of it, but you can point out the bit that's about you to save me the time if you like.

W

Wolfman Woody

Many thanks chaps, but the gist of the story is true, absolutely true.

I did have an evening fishing and the G-G-G-G-Granville character is real and he doesn't want any publicity. Which is a pity because we have many good adventures (?) together and he always manages to catch some brilliant fish that I can never openly write about. So many of the stories that happen you will never hear of from me because I respect his wishes - most of the time.

It was only because of a recent debate that gave me the idea to write about our most recent trip yet at the same time disguising who he was. No, don't even try guessing, but the eel was close to 5lb, I don't suppose that detail really matters, and he has had bigger ones on in the past.

The poem is because I've been listening to Mike Harding for the past 30 years almost and he's still a very humourous person - and a fellow angler! I don't put G-G-G-G-Granville into any box defined in it other than he is a very warm-hearted soul - just a little shy let's say.

Kevin, I'd need to be a much bigger and funnier man to fill your shoes.

Peter, anytime. You have my email address.

E

ED (The ORIGINAL and REAL one)

very good Jeff --
But will we be getting an bill from you for charges pertaining to you having entertained us ???