Complaints about bait in the fridge...

Peter Jacobs

Staff member
Reaction score
Eddie,

It's a girlie thing!

Best bet is to go on e-bay and get a bait fridge - word of warning though, don't get one bigger than hers in the kitchen unless you want to get dragged out to Curry's at the weekend ;-)

E

EC

Bahhh. I've got a bait freezer isnt that enough?

The foot has come down, though not on her head as of yet, in these artificially warm times, the bait stays in the fridge.

A

Andy "the Dog" Nellist (SAA) (ACA)

Sounds like you have the perfect reason to buy a bait fridge too.

captain carrott

Reaction score
bet the fridge is full of fluffy food like lettuce, point out to her that lettuce grows in the garden so it won't go off just before you throw it out the door, thus making more room for bait.

M

Mark Hodson

Mrs H is slowly taking over my bait fridge, she puts all the pop, beer and wine in there now. Every time i check on my maggots I just have to have another bottle of beer(as they are in there). Currently checking my bait about 15 times a night !

Reaction score
Eddie,

I think I must have the perfect Mrs.

When i'm at work and need bait supplies for the next day, she goes to the tackle shop, buys the correct bait item (maggots/ worms/ deadbait, you name it) and when I get back they are neatly stowed in the chiller drawer or freezer!

Hang on, I'll just check...

No, just pinched myself, she really is that good :)

Beecy

Reaction score
one of the women saw me tucking away a couple of pints of maggots in the kitchen fridge at work where they keep all there yoghurts & salads and other crap...

"I hope they're not going to escape Dave"

"No love, just keep the fridge door shut and we should be ok"

marcus ballam

Reaction score
Me missus was fine until a few weeks ago and she got up and the house was full of bluebottles. I was on the river at the time (where else...), and i said to her that they are not man eaters, stop being a girl....just made it worse. Birds eh?

T

Terry D

Been there, seen it, done it, got the tee shirt. Not to mention my own bait fridge and bait freezer which are now half full of darling wifey's excess shopping.

David Craine

Reaction score
Do what I do, the next door neighbour has a fridge and a freezer in the garage, which is allways open, bung all my bait, smelly or otherwise in the neighbours white goods, if it is in the fridge, most times I get it out before she knows its there, the freezer is a different matter, she has eaten my frozen joey Mackerel, and my curried luncheon meat, and then told me that my recipies are delicious, she didnt know that the curried meat had been out on the river banks sharing residence with maggots for 3 seperate trips.......

Peter Bishop

Reaction score
More to the point has anyone ever had an escape in the house? Once had hundreds of the little buggers all over our utility room (where my bait fridge is stored) ceiling-the size and colour of squatts. Despite the 'bosses' contention, they hadn't escaped from the fridge at all. They had propagated-if thats the correct term- inside an old bag of hemp stored on the top of a cupboard and from there escaped onto the ceiling. "She who must be obeyed" was not amused. Took days to clear the place as they escaped into the kitchen and the garage too.

David Craine

Reaction score
Years ago 3 of us went to fish a match at Rudyard Lake, I had an Austin Maxi.. and all the gear went in the back, including a 5 gallon bucket with 3 or 4 Gallons of Maggots in it (we used to have a contact at a Maggot Farm who gave them to us ) they stank a bit, but you got used to the Pong.... anyway, on the way back,we still had a couple of Gallons left, somehow the bin tipped over... no lid, and we didnt know until we got back home. I never told the missis, but as the car was ready to be sold, I just cleaned it up as best I could,collected what maggots I could and it was sold on complete with the residents.I hope the buyer isnt reading this.