hello you lot!

ALAN PALMER 2

Reaction score
Having joined FISHINGMAGIC a while back I did not really get much chance at any interaction,but now having set up a new pc at home I am giving it another go.........
So hope to be adding my meagre views to the threads in future!And brown nosing aside this does seem to be by far the best fishing forum on the net....

W

Woodys angle

Welcome aboard Alan.

Enjoy, but -
Learn to wear a thick skin
Don't be shy when typing your views
Always remember that most of it is in jest.
And if it looks like someone is trying deliberately to upset you, Graham (editor) has two further words of advice for you to remember.

E

EC

Welcome Alan, one thing though, are you a brown sauce with eggs wrong'un, like them lot over there points->?

Coz if you are you can shove it mate!

Y

yoggy

Hello Alan,welcome aboard mate.I`m sure you`ll find lots of interesting threads on the site to keep you amused!!.Some light hearted and some serious!!!.Overall this is an extremley friendly site.Personally i have made some great mates on Fishingmagic,one in particular has become my regular fishing partner.

Just one thing..what flavour crisps do you like!!?? ;-)

ALAN PALMER 2

Reaction score
Whats all this nonsense about brown sauce and crisps are you lot mad...........im a bucks lad that spent his formative years in London so make that MAYO and POTATO SNACKS!!?!
But I have now seen the error of my ways and have recently moved back to my origins partly due to a growing family and mostly because of the better fishing; so I now reside in that great city of hope and glory [Milton Keynes]!
An hour+ into work each way but a two minute walk away from my fave' gravel pits/river Ouse.

F

Frank "Chubber" Curtis

Great roundabouts in Milton Keynes Alan. Not much else though except the River Ousel.
See! Your first post and already your home town's being insulted. It's all in jest so if you can take it welcome to the madhouse mate.

E

EC

"MAYO and POTATO SNACKS"

At last, one whom is as cultured as my very good self!

I go to MK every so often mate, friends there etc. A great place for fishing!

ALAN PALMER 2

Reaction score
MK certainly does have a lot of good venues, some of the club books are amazing value.

Dont worry about me having a thick skin, i've spent the last 17 years working for large government funded corperations........I could make a Triceratops looked thin skinned!

E

ED (The ORIGINAL and REAL one)

Only puffs eat

"MAYO and POTATO SNACKS"

ALAN PALMER 2

Reaction score
Only puffs eat

"MAYO and POTATO SNACKS"

NO.......only puffs ASK for mayo/potato snacks

E

ED (The ORIGINAL and REAL one)

So you ask someone else to get them for you ?

Baz would do it .........

W

Wag

MAYO & POTATO SNACKS.....

....what's up wi bread'n'drippin....

...another softy southerner....

....I'll get me coat....

Welcome in Alan - read it all - ignore most - laugh at the rest.....but the angling advice is usually spot on.

Tight lines mate

Deanos

Reaction score
Hi Alan,
I am perhaps one of the most serious members on FM, the rest of the lads muck around most of the time and are a bit daft.
At the moment I am organising an ?on-line petition?, for some months now I have achieved some fantastic angling feats, too numerous to mention, but anyway I have caught a lot and they were big. I have on many occasions given the head of FM
(Graham ?the Don? Marsden?) the chance to reward my obvious angling skills
with a very expensive fishing rod as a prize. He is a bit tight to say the least, and I know for a fact he has piles of very expensive rods all over the place.
So, please sign the following, and forward to Mr Marsden at the first opportunity.

Dear Mr Marsden,
I have witnessed Deanos catch lots of big fish, this is not a lie, I have known him for years and he looks like John Wilson but fatter.
Please send him a very very expensive fishing rod.
I have heard that you are worth a few quid, and as you cant take it with you, why not (just as the angling times is doing at the moment) give all FM regulars a free gift,
A case of Stella would be nice thank you.

Cheers for your help Alan.

ALAN PALMER 2

Reaction score
HI Deanos......I have forwarded said message as you asked but made a few minor changes to keep it brief as I am sure Mr Marsden is very busy, hope you dont mind!!!
it now reads:
Dear Mr Marsden,
I have witnessed Deanos big fatter lies.
Please send him a fishing rod worth a quid,
A case of Stella would be forward to Mr Marsden at the first opportunity by most serious member on FM: Deanos.
ALAN

C

Cakey

Anal Palmer
As everyone will tell you I am the most seriuous one on here and deano dont deserve a rod just a cane with a small net on the end

Deanos

Reaction score
Well don?t anyone ask me for a crisp at one of next years fish-ins!

AND ANOTHER THING!
I am one of Britain?s richest men Allen!?filthy rich.
You may have blown you chance of sharing in my great wealth.
(could you send me a few quid please mate, I am a bit short until
the end of the month).

Cakey is a proper fisherman as well, so I am not going to get into any arguments
with him regarding my ability with minimalist fishing tackle i.e. a net on a flipping cane! Don?t anyone of you ask to borrow my new hand line as bought in Whitby only last week WITH the bright orange 50lbs line AND size 3/0 sea hook!

Come on Cakey!?what?s your biggest Gudgeon then?I had some beasts in my time!