I sometimes wish I never bothered....

A

Andy Doughty

Went out zedding last night...

Bent one of my Fox Euro bank sticks in half...

Burnt my finger badly on my stove whilst sorting out a brew...

Snapped a bivvy pole in half...

Split my morning tea (made with my last water) on the floor...

My phone got damp and has packed up...

And guess what I caught.........

P

paul williams 2

Don't you just love fishing..............you could have stayed at home and nothing happen to you!

Now you know F** banksticks are *******'s
not to put yer finger on yer stove
water is precious
not to leave yer phone on the bank!

What did you catch? :)

C

Chris Bishop

We've all been matey...

Hope to see you soon, tried to ring a few times.

C

Christian Tyroll

Lol like paul says, you've got to love it, I bet one day you'll look back and laugh.

E

EC

"I bet one day you'll look back and laugh."
.....12 hours later
Great timing Chris, tell him about yer barbel as well mate!

E

EC

Wasnt talkin to you, Chris=Christian,
WAKEY WAKEY!

edit it quick before anyone sees Chris

C

Chris Bishop

Lol - nice one Chris Tyrol BTW.

Now read his post on the amount of enjoyment he caught from catching it, could teach a few of the old boys a thing or two when it comes to getting it all in perspective.

Neil Maidment

Reaction score
It begs the question:

What used to go wrong on those days/nights we've all had..... in the olden' days...before bivvies, before mobile phones etc etc ???? Or are you all too young to remember (or am I an old fart?)

C

Christian Tyroll

Neil theres an article in CAT this month about night fishing and the bloke goes into lots of detail about old diasters etc. Get a copy if you can i reckon youd like it.

Neil Maidment

Reaction score
In a similar veign....

I had a 3 piece take apart landing net handle .... when setting up I succeeded in watching the end piece fly out of the butt straight into the lake, never to be seen again. No real problem, the 2nd section had a thread as well so it's now about 1mtr shorter.

5 minutes later trod on it... no handle... well it's only about 6ins long now.

Wandered along to the on-site shop, invested in another... setting up again....and....you've guessed it. I'm a slow learner...there goes another top piece!

Still servicable though and I've now got a spare butt section as well.

20mins later...crash! A biggest bloody great pile of white feathers and long neck you've ever seen looking for a free nosh had stood on it.... I've now got 2 spare butts but no usable business end!

So out came the credit card...no cash left now. I've now got a telescope one which hopefully will not automatically jetison a section everytime I touch it. Might need to carry a spare one though, preferably made of cast iron or space shuttle kevlar.